Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Mar 30, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #7,276 of 7,305
So grateful to Unique Melody for offering this refurbishment program! Also, a big shout-out to Eva at UM for guiding me through the shipping process. My Mest Mk1 has cracks in the QDC sockets, so now it's off to Macao for repairs. I was told it could be a month or two, but I'm hoping that's at most. Does anyone here have experience with how long the process typically takes? Thanks!

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #7,277 of 7,305
So grateful to Unique Melody for offering this refurbishment program! Also, a big shout-out to Eva at UM for guiding me through the shipping process. My Mest Mk1 has cracks in the QDC sockets, so now it's off to Macao for repairs. I was told it could be a month or two, but I'm hoping that's at most. Does anyone here have experience with how long the process typically takes? Thanks!
I was quoted 1.5 months as well

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #7,278 of 7,305
Apr 2, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #7,279 of 7,305
Anyone ever directly compare Solaris SE with MEST.

currently have one on hand and like it very much, but find the upper mids/ low treble a bit too sizzly and fatiguing.

I remember liking solaris og but having similar nitpicks, and ultimately keeping IER-M9 over it, but Solaris SE is supposedly marginally richer sounding, which might just do the trick.

050A6605-6FEC-4895-BADB-97C70798C4C4.jpeg
What is it that you have in your ear with the Mest OG? It looks like it lifted the iem. Please tell me more about it and how to get or make it.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #7,280 of 7,305
I was quoted 1.5 months as well
I also received that unfortunately, gonna be a long time waiting especially since I realized the printer didn't print out the Phone No. for the person receiving it lol, boy I hope it gets to them

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #7,281 of 7,305
I also received that unfortunately, gonna be a long time waiting especially since I realized the printer didn't print out the Phone No. for the person receiving it lol, boy I hope it gets to them
You don’t have tracking on the package?

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #7,282 of 7,305
You don’t have tracking on the package?
I do and I'm keeping watch lol but it's my first time ever shipping to China and my Mext is my only kilobuck IEM so you know how your brain goes with that type of stuff

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #7,283 of 7,305
I do and I'm keeping watch lol but it's my first time ever shipping to China and my Mext is my only kilobuck IEM so you know how your brain goes with that type of stuff
I feel you, it's the same with my Mext. Love that IEM.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #7,284 of 7,305
Hi, I have an Mest OG Japan edition. Are the drivers and crossover of this different compared to the international version? Is it just the shells? The reason I'm asking is that I would like to convert it to a CIEM but I would like for it to retain that Japanese edition sound.
The drivers are the same the crossover points are slightly different. If you are planning to reshell them to custom, we for sure can maintain the same JP crossover. However due to the contact area is changed which shift the effectiveness of the BCDs can make changes to the sound, to most ears the changes are positive.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Apr 6, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #7,285 of 7,305
Hello guys,

I'm looking for some tips for my Indigo. Now I'm using AZLA Xelastec and I'm happy, but they wear out quickly. I'm looking for some other tips - can you recommend anything? Maybe Azla Crystal?

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #7,286 of 7,305
Hello guys,

I'm looking for some tips for my Indigo. Now I'm using AZLA Xelastec and I'm happy, but they wear out quickly. I'm looking for some other tips - can you recommend anything? Maybe Azla Crystal?
Nothing beat spinfit W1 for me, including the crystals. The crystals sounded great but I couldn’t get a good seal due to their lengths. I know others didn’t have this issue and love the crystals.

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #7,287 of 7,305
Hello guys,

I use Spinfit CP1025, they are very similar to the standard Mest mk3 attachments but with a better seal. Excellent mid and sub bass

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #7,288 of 7,305
Nothing beat spinfit W1 for me, including the crystals. The crystals sounded great but I couldn’t get a good seal due to their lengths. I know others didn’t have this issue and love the crystals.
Eletech Baroque

Users who are viewing this thread

Back