Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 21, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #47 of 7,303
I actually lost sleep Sunday night thinking I'd miss out. I've been antisocial since receiving them. Haven't taken them off.
LOL, I'm so glad you enjoy them very much.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Feb 25, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #48 of 7,303
Hi guys, we have generated lots of good feedback and some very valuable suggestions regarding MEST during CanJam NYC. We want more head-fi members to try or retry MEST, so we are going to start a tour for MEST!!!
In the following 3-4 weeks, we are going to generate information from members who are interested in participating in the tour.
If you want to participate in the tour, please complete the following survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...QVPajRzEUORP2zcVD5nA3o9Ig/viewform?usp=pp_url
Once you completed the survey, you are enrolled! The enrollment deadline will be Sunday, March 8th or Sunday, March 15th (it depends on the number of participators), I will update a reminder to this thread one week before the deadline. Once I collected all the information, I will start a new thread to release the tour schedule and code of conduct.
We encourage all members to participate this tour if you want to try the MEST no matter where you located. The first-round tour destination will be determined by the number of participators, for example, if we have more participators in the EU or UK, the first-round tour will start in these regions.
For those who have tried MEST but don't want to participate in the tour, you are also welcome to complete the survey, and we will give you a special discount for all other UM products.
Please don't hesitate to complete the survey and join the tour!
I submitted the survey and I am really interested

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #49 of 7,303
Survey submitted from Europe/Switzerland :) I have zero experience with Unique Melody, but I have 40 y.o. trained ears. It would be fantastic to be part of the tour.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #52 of 7,303
Submitted, I had already spotted MEST excited to participate!

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #53 of 7,303
Submitted, would be interested in how it stands to my Shuoer EJ07 hybrid.

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #54 of 7,303
Hi guys, we have generated lots of good feedback and some very valuable suggestions regarding MEST during CanJam NYC. We want more head-fi members to try or retry MEST, so we are going to start a tour for MEST!!!
In the following 3-4 weeks, we are going to generate information from members who are interested in participating in the tour.
If you want to participate in the tour, please complete the following survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...QVPajRzEUORP2zcVD5nA3o9Ig/viewform?usp=pp_url
Once you completed the survey, you are enrolled! The enrollment deadline will be Sunday, March 8th or Sunday, March 15th (it depends on the number of participators), I will update a reminder to this thread one week before the deadline. Once I collected all the information, I will start a new thread to release the tour schedule and code of conduct.
We encourage all members to participate this tour if you want to try the MEST no matter where you located. The first-round tour destination will be determined by the number of participators, for example, if we have more participators in the EU or UK, the first-round tour will start in these regions.
For those who have tried MEST but don't want to participate in the tour, you are also welcome to complete the survey, and we will give you a special discount for all other UM products.
Please don't hesitate to complete the survey and join the tour!
I'm in!

Mar 1, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #55 of 7,303
application completed, this should be interesting!

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #56 of 7,303
What are the terms and conditions of the tour please? I'd be happy to try them and submit a review in return for being reimbursed for p & p via PayPal following a photo of the receipt. These are the mininum terms on which I do tours, as exciting as they are. You have to realise we all work and there is a significant amount of work involved in taking part

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #57 of 7,303
What are the terms and conditions of the tour please? I'd be happy to try them and submit a review in return for being reimbursed for p & p via PayPal following a photo of the receipt. These are the mininum terms on which I do tours, as exciting as they are. You have to realise we all work and there is a significant amount of work involved in taking part
I wanna get paid too!

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #59 of 7,303
Was able to get a quick listen with the MEST and did a really quick (5 minutes) A-B with the Empire Ears Valkyrie before I had to ship it out (sold Valkyrie, fit issues). MEST has some nice sub-bass rumble, but Valkyrie still reaches deeper. Keep in mind the EE W9 driver is able to provide sub-basement levels of bass. MEST staging though is taller and wider. Mids/vocals on MEST are more forward, Valkyrie vocals are a little more laid-back. For the exact same price (universal versions) these two E-stat hybrids compete directly. I’m curious about the EE Nemesis at the same price point, although it doesn’t sport the E-stats. Some have expressed that they find the MEST somewhat bright/hot, but I am somewhat of a treble-head and haven’t noticed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back