Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jan 29, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #5,101 of 7,306
I found the same thing but after some time they started getting hot in my ears.
The stock comply tips are trash, or maybe damaged upon arrival (since I order used), this morning I am running a 17 miles, the foam tip simply cannot stay in my ear and I found one of the tip is broken in half. Back home, I found some Tripowin memory foam tips and they are much better in build quality and SQ is even better. Now I have ordered numerous tips in the past years, they are laying around in my room and I have simply lost count of them.

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #5,102 of 7,306
BTW, when I ordered from Musictek, I choose the default 2.5mm cable and now I regretted. Most of the time I have to use an adapter to use my 4.4mm balanced port and occasionally I have to adjust the adapter since I only got sound in one of the channels. I went ahead to search for UM 4.4mm balanced cable and I am shocked by their prices: they range from $560 to $1,999.

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #5,103 of 7,306
BTW, when I ordered from Musictek, I choose the default 2.5mm cable and now I regretted. Most of the time I have to use an adapter to use my 4.4mm balanced port and occasionally I have to adjust the adapter since I only got sound in one of the channels. I went ahead to search for UM 4.4mm balanced cable and I am shocked by their prices: they range from $560 to $1,999.
Yeah they are not cheap cables. They use the highest quality conductors, the best solder, connectors and shielding. All these things do not come cheap. But is it worth the price? That comes down to relative terms. If it's worth it to you then that's all that matters.

For me, I believe you get what you pay for to a certain degree. I've tried all of the cheaper cables and to my ear, the higher end stuff is worth the cost.

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #5,104 of 7,306
I've pretty much moved to 4.4mm as my default termination for all cables including for full sized headphones. Those 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapters are not very good at all. They don't last long. 2.5mm is not durable. And, 4.4mm is much better for full sized headphones, too, because you can use your headphones with your DAPs and 4-pin XLR is too heavy.

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #5,105 of 7,306
I've pretty much moved to 4.4mm as my default termination for all cables including for full sized headphones. Those 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapters are not very good at all. They don't last long. 2.5mm is not durable. And, 4.4mm is much better for full sized headphones, too, because you can use your headphones with your DAPs and 4-pin XLR is too heavy.
2.5mm was my default for the longest as I thought it offered the most versatility, but nothing beats the solid tree trunk of a 4.4mm plug.

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #5,106 of 7,306
2.5mm was my default for the longest as I thought it offered the most versatility, but nothing beats the solid tree trunk of a 4.4mm plug.
It is so satisfying plugging that in.

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #5,108 of 7,306
I am, by no means, a cable expert but I bought one from this company, Plussound. They levels depending on how much you want to spend. I went with the Poetic series for my Mest MKii as I wanted a single ended to use with my Chord Mojo. Im happy with it! Is there a sound difference? Maybe, but it wasn't noticeable to me, anyway.
https://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #5,109 of 7,306
I am, by no means, a cable expert but I bought one from this company, Plussound. They levels depending on how much you want to spend. I went with the Poetic series for my Mest MKii as I wanted a single ended to use with my Chord Mojo. Im happy with it! Is there a sound difference? Maybe, but it wasn't noticeable to me, anyway.
https://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html
Thanks, will consider that. It is actually a local company in LA, unfortunately they do not have a physical store here.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #5,112 of 7,306
Wait, Plus sound is based in the States?
Yes, according to their website, all their products are made in their Los Angeles facility.

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #5,113 of 7,306

I’m with you, I sold off my 2.5mm cables after I bought my LPGT since I only use 4.4mm jacks as well.

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #5,114 of 7,306
I'm wondering how MEST mk2 responds to EQ? I'm thinking of picking up a 10 Band EQ from the Play Store so i can try raising the sub-bass? Has anyone used EQ with mk2?
Also, does anyone know what material is used on the dynamic drivers diaphragm?

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #5,115 of 7,306
I use EQ sometimes in UAPP. I don't raise the bass though, I fix the mids and treble to my taste. Acts like any IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back