Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jan 27, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #5,086 of 7,306
MEST MKII impact/extension on bass is heavily dependent on the tips you use. Every ears is different of course, so I don't think a generalization can be done, but if it can help I can say I have found my "best" with the Azla Sednafit light short. Also the Azla Crystal are good, even if for me a little bit too bright. Definitely a no-go for all the Spinfit tried (cp100, cp145, cp500, and some other I don't remember).

As an EVO owner, I can say EVO has more bass than MEST MKII, not better bass. I honestly think bass on the MEST MKII is just short of perfect.

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #5,087 of 7,306
MEST MKII impact/extension on bass is heavily dependent on the tips you use. Every ears is different of course, so I don't think a generalization can be done, but if it can help I can say I have found my "best" with the Azla Sednafit light short. Also the Azla Crystal are good, even if for me a little bit too bright. Definitely a no-go for all the Spinfit tried (cp100, cp145, cp500, and some other I don't remember).

As an EVO owner, I can say EVO has more bass than MEST MKII, not better bass. I honestly think bass on the MEST MKII is just short of perfect.
Agreed on tips for sure.

As for EVO vs Mest Bass.. IMO EVO has one of Best bass in the market when it comes to its w9+ technical prowess. The speed and texture of that bass is just amazing. Problem is, its tuned to the levels where it gets on the way of music often. Odin is an example of how W9+ can perform with toned down quantity but for me Odin base gets drowned by mids, so again i find it not tuned to my liking.
Mest mkii bass fell slightly behind on speed test tracks i was using. But in general it is a really good quality bass. And on top of that it is integrated in better.
Indigos bass is pushed forwards slightly compared to MKII in signature and i can say its top notch slam without popping out in your face too much.
EVO is a way to go if you are die hard basshead.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #5,088 of 7,306
yeah, agreed. I think it depends on the music, I listen typically to jazz, classic rock, some prog, some progmetal. nothing that will push hard that speed bass, so for my library MEST MKII is just perfect.
totally agree on the Odin's mids and lower treble, just feel wrongly tuned to me (and I repeat: for me, it's by no means a generic statement, it's just to me, for my library, and the way I like to listen, so please don't take this as an absolute negative judgement), and that's why I have chosen EVO, in which the bass is someway "compensating" the very strangely tuned mids.
agree also on the Indigo, very good overall, but for me too much bass (if I want to have that signature, I take out the EVO)

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #5,089 of 7,306
I was wondering if someone is using the Mest MKII with the Sony WM1A? I'm using my mest with a Fiio M11, I like it. But I wanted to try something else, just for the fun of it, and read a lot of great stories about the sony. I have been a sony user all my life (a lot off different walkman's and discman's), and really liked those. But I never owned a sony DAP. So I want to try that.

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #5,093 of 7,306

I should read you comment before I bought the SpinFit CP240 double flange, which is recommended by one of the headfier here. I will go ahead and order some Azla Sednafit light short tips.

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #5,094 of 7,306
I should read you comment before I bought the SpinFit CP240 double flange, which is recommended by one of the headfier here. I will go ahead and order some Azla Sednafit light short tips.

I feel a lot of it depends on the shape of one’s ears. I tried a lot of tips and for me the height and bore size mattered the most.
Any tips over around 9 mm height didn’t make a proper seal in my ears. My ears shape works good with mest, below is a pic of how mine look when inserted.

89CEFFBE-55C2-48FD-A0E8-D1A63CF5875B.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #5,095 of 7,306

I agree with what others have said, its a different fit for everyone. I have tried most of the tips recommended some some worked, others didn't. Some were more comfortable but didn't seal well or sound as good. Others sealed really well, sounded great but fatigued my ears relatively quickly. Its been trial and error hence why I bit the bullet and have sent mine off for customization. I find my MEST MKii to be more impacted by a bad fit than other iem's I've had. When their fitting properly, its a game changing sound for me. Cant wait to get them back

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #5,096 of 7,306
Before I receive my double flange tips ordered, I tried all the three stock tips. To my surprise, the comply foam tips work the wonder, the sub-bass is now much much better.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #5,097 of 7,306
Before I receive my double flange tips ordered, I tried all the three stock tips. To my surprise, the comply foam tips work the wonder, the sub-bass is now much much better.
I found the same thing but after some time they started getting hot in my ears.

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #5,098 of 7,306
I can’t go beyond 2 hours of listening on my mest OG on any of the tips I use ( blue heart S, kz starline inverted S, xelastec M, kz starline not inverted S ) all of them have a deep insertion and wall of the shell seems to be touching my ears but, once i hit an hour or so my ears start to pain, is this a tip issue ? Also can’t figure out of those tips mention aboe which one sounds the best. I A/B them all the time but they all sound the same with a bit shoutiness as a difference.

I’ve order
spiral dat ++ M
Azla short Light MS
Should get them by monday and hope they make a difference!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #5,099 of 7,306
I just pre ordered one of these Khadas Tea’s last night to pair with my phone and MKii while travelling. The form factor of this is perfect for it, hoping the sound is decent. It’s singled ended only to keep the size down but I have a good cable to use for that. Suppose to arrive in March.

Attachments

• 4B90531B-B414-4436-843B-E9E24ED09697.jpeg
    4B90531B-B414-4436-843B-E9E24ED09697.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #5,100 of 7,306
I just pre ordered one of these Khadas Tea’s last night to pair with my phone and MKii while travelling. The form factor of this is perfect for it, hoping the sound is decent. It’s singled ended only to keep the size down but I have a good cable to use for that. Suppose to arrive in March.
Never heard of it. Looks pretty neat though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back