Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 18, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #4,126 of 7,365
The funny thing is, I actually requested the silver foil because I thought the gold would be too flashy.

Not at all, the Gold is very classy in person and a statement piece, but not overpowering by any means.

Fitting, since I am Chinese American as well, and Gold is a very important color to us. Now, just for a red cable.

The sound is incredible. I need a week or so before I can write proper feedback.

Musicteck and UM kindly sent me a universal to show folks who want a listen (PM me to arrange a session) and I will be able to provide feedback on what is different between custom and universal versions as well.
Oooh nice! I’d love to hear more about the difference between the two. I will get to demo the Mest 2 in the next week or so. Li Le from UM is persuading me to try the customs which he think I will appreciate as a customs kind of guy. It would be my first custom experience with UM. :)

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #4,128 of 7,365
Oooh nice! I’d love to hear more about the difference between the two. I will get to demo the Mest 2 in the next week or so. Li Le from UM is persuading me to try the customs which he think I will appreciate as a customs kind of guy. It would be my first custom experience with UM. :)

Have nothing but great things to say about UM and my experience with them as well. Pretty much a perfect fit. You won't regret it!

Sep 19, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #4,130 of 7,365
How is the comfort level?
1632107645514.png

Hope this can give you an idea - it's very flush ( most flush ciem i have had and quite comfy).

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #4,131 of 7,365
1632107645514.png

Hope this can give you an idea - it's very flush ( most flush ciem i have had and quite comfy).
and the stem does not cause any discomfort? That's usually the critical thing. :)

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #4,132 of 7,365
Sep 23, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #4,133 of 7,365
I think I've found the absolute combo for the MEST so far. Atleast for my library which contains mostly 70's, 80's rock and some edm.

CP155 Medium tips along with the Eletech Fortitude 8 cable. Very much a holographic quality. Deeper bass and harder punch. Male vocals sound full and weighty, texture is better with cp155 than any other tip I've tested.

Only thing I might swap is the cable. I might try the Socrates eventually to fine tune it a bit more. Maybe add some more lushness and thickness to the music.

If your going to try the cp155 I recommend sliding them as far as you can get them on the nozzle.👍

Note: havent tried CP145 but they are on order.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #4,135 of 7,365
Pardon me for this newbie question...could I run Mk2s out of android smartphone with 100$ dongle like Hidizs S9 pro?
Yes,
I only try it with the old S9,
it's a great pair, 👍

the S9 Pro would be better,

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #4,136 of 7,365
I think I've found the absolute combo for the MEST so far. Atleast for my library which contains mostly 70's, 80's rock and some edm.

CP155 Medium tips along with the Eletech Fortitude 8 cable. Very much a holographic quality. Deeper bass and harder punch. Male vocals sound full and weighty, texture is better with cp155 than any other tip I've tested.

Only thing I might swap is the cable. I might try the Socrates eventually to fine tune it a bit more. Maybe add some more lushness and thickness to the music.

If your going to try the cp155 I recommend sliding them as far as you can get them on the nozzle.👍

Note: havent tried CP145 but they are on order.
Do you have the Azla Crystal?
how does it compare

I might order the cp155,

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #4,137 of 7,365
Do you have the Azla Crystal?
how does it compare

I might order the cp155,
I do. I like the Crystal but it doesn't have the low end that the cp155 has. Crystal has good detail retrieval but I feel it's thin compared to cp155. 155 smooths the signature out, takes any brightness out and replaces it with texture, body, and weight while still being detailed.

I'll be getting the cp145 tomorrow so I'm curious about those since they are very similar.

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #4,138 of 7,365
I do. I like the Crystal but it doesn't have the low end that the cp155 has. Crystal has good detail retrieval but I feel it's thin compared to cp155. 155 smooths the signature out, takes any brightness out and replaces it with texture, body, and weight while still being detailed.

I'll be getting the cp145 tomorrow so I'm curious about those since they are very similar.
woah,
that is a similiar description of the Final E tips,
I love it, the vocal is so smooth,
but the crystal have a bit more airy up top,

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #4,139 of 7,365
woah,
that is a similiar description of the Final E tips,
I love it, the vocal is so smooth,
but the crystal have a bit more airy up top,
Exactly. The final e tips are smooth but I think the cp155 is the smoothest. Imo an absolutely beautiful marriage with the MK2 for my library. I'm very much enjoying this combo.

I was actually using the type e just before rediscovering the cp155 on the mk2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back