Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 18, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #4,111 of 7,365
Tip rolling and trying Azla Crystals, very pleased with the results - when switching to MEST MKII after other IEMs, I crave higher frequencies, especially vs IE900 - Crystals doing a stunning job with great balance elsewhere, retaining its excellent soundstage. Perfect fit too which seems to be crucial with MEST to hear at its best.

20210918_102249.jpg
Do you have a link to purchase those tip boxes?

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #4,112 of 7,365
Sep 18, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #4,113 of 7,365
Tip rolling and trying Azla Crystals, very pleased with the results - when switching to MEST MKII after other IEMs, I crave higher frequencies, especially vs IE900 - Crystals doing a stunning job with great balance elsewhere, retaining its excellent soundstage. Perfect fit too which seems to be crucial with MEST to hear at its best.
How do they differ from the Xelastecs, soundwise?

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,114 of 7,365
I bought from Amazon UK, great solution as individual boxes in the case. Handy to separate various brands, sizes etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BKM5...abc_M2YB87JY4HA80N9GZDVX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I agree this is a very nice way to organize eartips. I have so many tips now it's gotten to a point where it takes me 5 minutes just to find the tips I'm looking for.

Thank you for that contribution. 👍👍 Just ordered this one.

Screenshot_20210918-081551.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #4,115 of 7,365
How do they differ from the Xelastecs, soundwise?

Been a while since I've tried Xelastec, I'll test over the weekend.

Sep 18, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #4,117 of 7,365
1631991807300.png

poggers

Sep 18, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #4,119 of 7,365
Yeah they look fantastic!

Sep 18, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #4,121 of 7,365
WOW!!! Now that is one beautiful set of iems. Just gorgeous and so classy looking.

Yeah they look fantastic!

The funny thing is, I actually requested the silver foil because I thought the gold would be too flashy.

Not at all, the Gold is very classy in person and a statement piece, but not overpowering by any means.

Fitting, since I am Chinese American as well, and Gold is a very important color to us. Now, just for a red cable.

The sound is incredible. I need a week or so before I can write proper feedback.

Musicteck and UM kindly sent me a universal to show folks who want a listen (PM me to arrange a session) and I will be able to provide feedback on what is different between custom and universal versions as well.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #4,122 of 7,365
The funny thing is, I actually requested the silver foil because I thought the gold would be too flashy.

Not at all, the Gold is very classy in person and a statement piece, but not overpowering by any means.

Fitting, since I am Chinese American as well, and Gold is a very important color to us. Now, just for a red cable.

The sound is incredible. I need a week or so before I can write proper feedback.

Musicteck and UM kindly sent me a universal to show folks who want a listen (PM me to arrange a session) and I will be able to provide feedback on what is different between custom and universal versions as well.
I'd go with something like this if it were me. I'm from Louisiana and our college football team is LSU which is yellow and purple. That would be so sick!!!

Screenshot_20210918-145917.jpg

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #4,123 of 7,365
I'd go with something like this if it were me. I'm from Louisiana and our college football team is LSU which is yellow and purple. That would be so sick!!!

I can totally see that. Beautiful combo.

I went to the University of Colorado at Denver (not Boulder) and the MEST with it's stock cable that is already quite excellent represent our colors of black/white/gold and black/gold quite well.

Sep 18, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #4,124 of 7,365

Red cable with Jade hardware 😉

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #4,125 of 7,365
I love Xelastec but they start to cause my ears to have a burning sensation after about 30 minutes. But the sound is excellent imo.
Have you tried half a size down. I usually use M for ear tips but with the Azla ear tips, I go half a size down to MS. And it seems to work very nicely on the Fusang. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back