Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 9, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #3,991 of 7,306
The Spinfit 1025 is advertised as being for Airpods Pro. Is this the only type of 1025, or is there a "non-Airpods" version that you used?
1025 tips are actually normal round tips that should work with everything else with similar bore size. The oval adapters come in packed separately if that is your concern.

Sep 9, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #3,992 of 7,306
I'm currently using a Xinhs Graphene 8 cores. preferred over the stock for a slightly better extension (both basses and highs) and slightly better technicalities (specifically transient/attack). but as usual YMMV, this is just my experience and my preference.
I'm using a DX311MK2 and Azla SednaEarfit, absolutely love the combination.
Yes. This cable produced better highs

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #3,993 of 7,306
Received and used the ePro ep01 tips .... much better than the Xelastecs!

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #3,994 of 7,306
Well I officially recommend the Dunu Blanche with the Mest mk2. I have spent the day cable rolling between 5 seperate cables but towards the end it came down to just two. The stock and the Blanche.

The stock cable is warmer, vocals are more recessed and is less revealing. When I swap from stock to Blanche I immediately hear larger soundstage, higher resolution, more texture and detail especially with acoustic music and the perfect mixture of vocals being not too forward but not too laid back. It's perfect. Right on the bleeding edge of sibilance but still easy on the ears.

It's a no brainer for me. The Dunu Blanche is worth every penny in my mind. It takes an already amazing iem to the next level. It's as if all of the greatest features of the mest are enhanced.

I've got two more cables en route so when they get here sometime next week things are going to get interesting as these cables are all SCC Copper cables. It will be interesting to see exactly what these cables do to the sound signature of the MK2.

By the way, all testing was done with Hiby R5S high gain at 42 volume using Kbear 07 White tips. Using three different songs. Each song I would play for one minute and swap cables. I did this 3 seperate times with each cable so I could verify that it's repeatable. However, the difference was significant enough that made it very easy to tell the differences.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I could pass a blind test with flying colors. I'm really having a hard time finding something I don't like about this cable.

I already think acoustic music is very textured. Can't imagine what it will sound like with this Dunu Blanche. Pity I can't audition it
I'm currently using a Xinhs Graphene 8 cores. preferred over the stock for a slightly better extension (both basses and highs) and slightly better technicalities (specifically transient/attack). but as usual YMMV, this is just my experience and my preference.
I'm using a DX311MK2 and Azla SednaEarfit, absolutely love the combination.
20210908_204542.jpg
I have this in my cart for a while. Is it softer than the stock cable?

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #3,998 of 7,306
My MK2 custom shall be finished up this week - can not wait! Went with this design.

Catch337B(08-17-(09-08-09-26-31).jpg

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #3,999 of 7,306
My MK2 custom shall be finished up this week - can not wait! Went with this design.

Catch337B(08-17-(09-08-09-26-31).jpg
Now that's a beauty there! I'm very curious to hear your impressions of the custom coming from the universal. Fit, comfort, sound quality but mostly comfort is what I'm concerned with.

Some of the things I've read about customs is it could take a couple weeks to get used to them. But once that happens it's an amazing experience.

Did you have a digital scan or the filler based mould? What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

👍

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #4,000 of 7,306
Now that's a beauty there! I'm very curious to hear your impressions of the custom coming from the universal. Fit, comfort, sound quality but mostly comfort is what I'm concerned with.

Some of the things I've read about customs is it could take a couple weeks to get used to them. But once that happens it's an amazing experience.

Did you have a digital scan or the filler based mould? What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

👍

I've done a few universal to custom to transitions, so have a pretty good guess on how it will affect things, but won't comment until I get some solid time with them especially because the bone conduction aspect is likely different.

That's correct - they can generally take a few weeks to a few months, but generally if it's something you really love it will be worth it.

I used a digital scan that was based on a filler-based mold. I sent it to ADV sound, and they scanned it in for me since there's nowhere near me that does scans in-house.

Sep 9, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #4,001 of 7,306
The Spinfit 1025 is advertised as being for Airpods Pro. Is this the only type of 1025, or is there a "non-Airpods" version that you used?
Actually, there are three versions but I believe that the 1025 tip itself is the same. I think the difference is in the adapter that comes with it which is dependent on which buds they are packaged for. There is a version for Galaxy Buds Pro and a version for the Air Pods pro. But, there is also a version just listed for TWS that doesn't have an adapter. Not sure if they are released yet, Amazon shows them as "coming soon".

I purchased the type listed for the Airpods Pro's because they come with two pairs of the same size tips. The 1025's packaged for the Galaxy Buds come with two pairs but they are two different sizes (like the CP360's).

Sep 9, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #4,002 of 7,306
Actually, there are three versions but I believe that the 1025 tip itself is the same. I think the difference is in the adapter that comes with it which is dependent on which buds they are packaged for. There is a version for Galaxy Buds Pro and a version for the Air Pods pro. But, there is also a version just listed for TWS that doesn't have an adapter. Not sure if they are released yet, Amazon shows them as "coming soon".

I purchased the type listed for the Airpods Pro's because they come with two pairs of the same size tips. The 1025's packaged for the Galaxy Buds come with two pairs but they are two different sizes (like the CP360's).
What is your favorite tip so far after all of your testing?

Sep 9, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #4,003 of 7,306
Have you paired the Blanche with the MK2? If so how does the Socrates compare to it?
I have.

It's a lively pairing with bright, personally sensitive to increased highs, and airy soundstage, but in how I hear the pairing:
  • there's a significant loss of separation
  • where bass bleeds into the mids, drowning out vocals
  • bass and sub-bass is muddy, bloated and lack the authority compared to Socrates
Socrates brings a holographic soundstage, instrumental details, great separation, sub-bass rumble, mid control. Blanche is a nice capable cable but I'm personally not a fan of the synergy with Mk2. You could consider Eletech's Prudence, OCC silver plated copper, which gives you smooths out treble while giving you a visceral bass response - Eletech Cable Guide 2021 Update | Bloom Audio.

Today's rig, double stack desk-toping.

IMG_2676.jpeg
IMG_2675.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #4,004 of 7,306
I have.

It's a lively pairing with bright, personally sensitive to increased highs, and airy soundstage, but in how I hear the pairing:
  • there's a significant loss of separation
  • where bass bleeds into the mids, drowning out vocals
  • bass and sub-bass is muddy, bloated and lack the authority compared to Socrates
Socrates brings a holographic soundstage, instrumental details, great separation, sub-bass rumble, mid control. Blanche is a nice capable cable but I'm personally not a fan of the synergy with Mk2. You could consider Eletech's Prudence, OCC silver plated copper, which gives you smooths out treble while giving you a visceral bass response - Eletech Cable Guide 2021 Update | Bloom Audio.

Today's rig, double stack desk-toping.

IMG_2676.jpegIMG_2675.jpeg

Yeah that's way out of my league. 😂 But I did find the treble enhanced but not sibilant. Definitely highly detailed but to me, it's the perfect amount of detail. What sounds amazing to me relatively, sounds too bright and bloomy to you. It's pretty neat how perspective plays such a huge part in all of this.

Sep 9, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #4,005 of 7,306
Yeah that's way out of my league. 😂 But I did find the treble enhanced but not sibilant. Definitely highly detailed but to me, it's the perfect amount of detail. What sounds amazing to me relatively, sounds too bright and bloomy to you. It's pretty neat how perspective plays such a huge part in all of this.
Haha, I thought Prudence was quite attainable at $249.

Ja ja definitely, we all hear differently but there are identifiable characteristics of the gear we use. I’m looking forward to pairing the Aeneid, which will be my first “TOTL” cable, with Mk2 and eventually the EE Legend EVO when it arrives next month or the next, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back