Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #3,961 of 7,333
how about the size fit, it seems a bit wider than the epro,
Yes it seems so but they fit very well, in fact they have the most comfortable fit from all the tips I tried! I feel a little pressure with the Epro's, but almost none with the Spinfits. Like you said, they disappear
And they are not bad at low volume. But i found them a bit too forward sounding on higher volumes due to nozzle up close.
Though i agree on your impressions compared to EP01.
Interesting, have not experienced that but I usually listen at relatively low volume (with the L&P W2 around 40 on low gain)

Sep 7, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #3,962 of 7,333
@MusicTeck For the Mest Mk2's, are these meant to be worn indoors for relaxed listening only? Or can they be taken outdoors during a hot day? How do they fare against a bit of sweat?
I wear MEST mkii at the gym all the time, often while sweating heavily, with no problem. I do try to be careful of sweat just above my ears that could potentially drip down into the two-pin socket, though only out of an abundance of caution.

Sep 7, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #3,963 of 7,333
I wear MEST mkii at the gym all the time, often while sweating heavily, with no problem. I do try to be careful of sweat just above my ears that could potentially drip down into the two-pin socket, though only out of an abundance of caution.
That means you are getting quite a tight fit. I can only achieve fully flush fit with CP1025. Which are not my first choice as mentioned.

Sep 7, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #3,964 of 7,333
Well I officially recommend the Dunu Blanche with the Mest mk2. I have spent the day cable rolling between 5 seperate cables but towards the end it came down to just two. The stock and the Blanche.

The stock cable is warmer, vocals are more recessed and is less revealing. When I swap from stock to Blanche I immediately hear larger soundstage, higher resolution, more texture and detail especially with acoustic music and the perfect mixture of vocals being not too forward but not too laid back. It's perfect. Right on the bleeding edge of sibilance but still easy on the ears.

It's a no brainer for me. The Dunu Blanche is worth every penny in my mind. It takes an already amazing iem to the next level. It's as if all of the greatest features of the mest are enhanced.

I've got two more cables en route so when they get here sometime next week things are going to get interesting as these cables are all SCC Copper cables. It will be interesting to see exactly what these cables do to the sound signature of the MK2.

By the way, all testing was done with Hiby R5S high gain at 42 volume using Kbear 07 White tips. Using three different songs. Each song I would play for one minute and swap cables. I did this 3 seperate times with each cable so I could verify that it's repeatable. However, the difference was significant enough that made it very easy to tell the differences.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I could pass a blind test with flying colors. I'm really having a hard time finding something I don't like about this cable.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #3,966 of 7,333
Well I officially recommend the Dunu Blanche with the Mest mk2. I have spent the day cable rolling between 5 seperate cables but towards the end it came down to just two. The stock and the Blanche.

The stock cable is warmer, vocals are more recessed and is less revealing. When I swap from stock to Blanche I immediately hear larger soundstage, higher resolution, more texture and detail especially with acoustic music and the perfect mixture of vocals being not too forward but not too laid back. It's perfect. Right on the bleeding edge of sibilance but still easy on the ears.

It's a no brainer for me. The Dunu Blanche is worth every penny in my mind. It takes an already amazing iem to the next level. It's as if all of the greatest features of the mest are enhanced.

I've got two more cables en route so when they get here sometime next week things are going to get interesting as these cables are all SCC Copper cables. It will be interesting to see exactly what these cables do to the sound signature of the MK2.

By the way, all testing was done with Hiby R5S high gain at 42 volume using Kbear 07 White tips. Using three different songs. Each song I would play for one minute and swap cables. I did this 3 seperate times with each cable so I could verify that it's repeatable. However, the difference was significant enough that made it very easy to tell the differences.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I could pass a blind test with flying colors. I'm really having a hard time finding something I don't like about this cable.

Sounds intriguing, but at that price I'd have to audition. I'm guessing that a fair bit of the difference in sound you're picking up is down to the choice of silver as cable material (not in anyway detracting from your love of the cable) and without a demo I'd be worried it might take too much away from the low end. However, more soundstage? Sign me up! So I'll have to see if I can find it in store somewhere.

Side note - I love this thread. All this input on cables and tips to bring out the best in our favourite IEM.

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #3,967 of 7,333

Do you have this cable?
or something similar?
Silver Plated Copper / SPC,
how does it compare to the Dunu,

Screenshot_20210820-062326885 (1)_1.jpg

I think the stock cable is pure copper to tame the treble harshness, and yes it does reduce the details a bit,

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #3,968 of 7,333
My endgame cable is the Eletech Iliad from a pure aesthetic perspective,
oh GOD it's gorgeous,
just look at it, wow,

FB_IMG_1631075278149.jpg

images (6).jpeg

Screenshot_20210908-112645574 (1).jpg

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #3,969 of 7,333
My endgame cable is the Eletech Iliad from a pure aesthetic perspective,
oh GOD it's gorgeous,
just look at it, wow,

FB_IMG_1631075278149.jpg

images (6).jpeg

Screenshot_20210908-112645574 (1).jpg
I agree, it looks awesome. It's on my wishlist.

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #3,970 of 7,333
I agree, it looks awesome. It's on my wishlist.
Hello,
do you know any budget cable with a similar look to it?
I have several silver cable but it's really different,

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #3,971 of 7,333
Hello,
No, sorry..

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #3,972 of 7,333
Hello,
You can go with their Fortitude or Prudence. But they are copper and SPC. And they are 26awg not 24 like Illiad. I own Prudence and it nice for its portability but i miss the 24awg feel from previous cables.
Build quality is top notch though. And guys are really friendly. Big one for me was that they were able to ditch memory heat shrinks after asking. Hate those things..

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back