Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Sep 9, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #4,007 of 7,306
I’m looking forward to pairing the Aeneid, which will be my first “TOTL” cable, with Mk2 and eventually the EE Legend EVO when it arrives next month or the next, LOL.
Aeneid + Evo is worth the money just for the bling factor haha.

Speaking about cables i was surprised how sensitive Mest is to cable rolling. First time i see the differences so prominent.

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #4,008 of 7,306

Speaking about cables i was surprised how sensitive Mest is to cable rolling. First time i see the differences so prominent.
I absolutely agree. I am confident that I can tell the difference blindly of atleast 3 cables maybe even 4.

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #4,009 of 7,306
Wanna guess? :-D

Still the stock "blue heart" silicones. But to be fair, I haven't spent enough time with the CP1025 or the BGVP W01 yet.
I have completely forgotten about the stock silicon. I've gotten so wrapped up in everything else.

By the way I found a set of tsx500 foams and tried them. Insane levels of bass but flattens the mid and high end so for me it's a no go.

I'm about to roll all of the stock "blues" now.

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #4,010 of 7,306
Throwing in my 2 cents: been using the EVO10, which was recommended by Effect Audio and really liking it. I was finding vox a little too upfront and it helps smooth them out, give me some bass + clarity and some space between instruments expanding soundstage. It’s a gorgeous cable, as well.

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #4,011 of 7,306

Haha, LOL wasn’t shooting for the bling factor but was reading @twister6 review of the Aeneid and pairings with various IEMs including LX, Odin and Mest.

Usually with cable rolling there isn’t a lot of drastic EQ changes in sound but Mest does seem to buck that thinking.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #4,012 of 7,306
Throwing in my 2 cents: been using the EVO10, which was recommended by Effect Audio and really liking it. I was finding vox a little too upfront and it helps smooth them out, give me some bass + clarity and some space between instruments expanding soundstage. It’s a gorgeous cable, as well.
EVO10 is a very interesting concept. I was afraid to take that leap of faith and try it but it looks cool.

Sep 9, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #4,013 of 7,306
Wanna guess? :-D

Still the stock "blue heart" silicones. But to be fair, I haven't spent enough time with the CP1025 or the BGVP W01 yet.
Those are my favorite tips and been using Azla Sedna earfit light shorts since I was concerned not being able to find “blue heart” replacements.

Speaking of tips, Amazon just delivered the Azla Crystals

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,014 of 7,306
Quick impression of the Azla SednaEarFit Crystals with Mk2 (Socrates, 3MAX in MangoOS, DSD512 tracks, Ultimate mode) coming from SednaEarFit light shorts:
  • Soft, extremely comfortable in ear, great seal, which has that “doesn’t feel like I’m wearing IEMs” sensation
  • Brighter vocals, instruments, airy and taller soundstage
  • Smooths out the bass and sub-bass rumble, faster roll-off
Perhaps a bit brighter than I prefer. Might stick with it for a couple of days.

Overall the SednaEarFitLight shorts have a nice balance with lovely bass.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #4,015 of 7,306
Quick impression of the Azla SednaEarFit Crystals with Mk2 (Socrates, 3MAX in MangoOS, DSD512 tracks, Ultimate mode) coming from SednaEarFit light shorts:
  • Soft, extremely comfortable in ear, great seal, which has that “doesn’t feel like I’m wearing IEMs” sensation
  • Brighter vocals, instruments, airy and taller soundstage
  • Smooths out the bass and sub-bass rumble, faster roll-off
Perhaps a bit brighter than I prefer. Might stick with it for a couple of days.
Well you answered my number one question. Is it comfortable. That is key for me with tips. They must be able to disappear in my ears. If I start to feel the slightest bit of pressure the focus then becomes the iem instead of getting lost in the music. Not cool!😂

Also, I tend to lean towards a more brighter signature so these might be just what I'm looking for. Mine will arrive Monday so I'll put them through the ringer then but it's good to know I wont have comfort issues.

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #4,016 of 7,306
Well you answered my number one question. Is it comfortable. That is key for me with tips. They must be able to disappear in my ears. If I start to feel the slightest bit of pressure the focus then becomes the iem instead of getting lost in the music. Not cool!😂

Also, I tend to lean towards a more brighter signature so these might be just what I'm looking for. Mine will arrive Monday so I'll put them through the ringer then but it's good to know I wont have comfort issues.
Ja, they’re surprisingly very comfortable. Slipped the Light Shorts back on and I can tell I’m wearing IEMs.

Hoping you’ll have a similar fit experience. :fingers_crossed:

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #4,017 of 7,306
Those are my favorite tips and been using Azla Sedna earfit light shorts since I was concerned not being able to find “blue heart” replacements.

Speaking of tips, Amazon just delivered the Azla Crystals
I'm the same when when it comes to stock tips. If it's an IEM that I like and I end up liking the stock tips I have to have some replacements. I was able to find them for the Moondrop Variations but no luck for the MEST MKII. I'm wondering if Andrew could get a hold of some spares.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #4,018 of 7,306
They have a plan to release the full accessories pack, tips, case, cable clip, etc,
about 2 months ago or so,
then goes silent,

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #4,019 of 7,306
Ja, they’re surprisingly very comfortable. Slipped the Light Shorts back on and I can tell I’m wearing IEMs.

Hoping you’ll have a similar fit experience. :fingers_crossed:
Azlas have saved my butt with more than 1 iem when I couldnt get a good seal with anything else. But I think the thicker, firmer silicone is a no go in terms of ultimate comfort. They aren't bad in terms of comfort on some iems but with others, not so much.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #4,020 of 7,306
I'm the same when when it comes to stock tips. If it's an IEM that I like and I end up liking the stock tips I have to have some replacements. I was able to find them for the Moondrop Variations but no luck for the MEST MKII. I'm wondering if Andrew could get a hold of some spares.
I emailed him earlier today. Waiting on a reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back