Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jul 25, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #3,586 of 7,348
This may sound dumb but is there a trick to getting those Azla Xelastics to work? I can't seem to get a seal with them. I've been an Azla fan for a while and have used both the regular and long Sednaearfit, usually in MS (and rarely M). But I can't seem to get Xelastic to work. Tried MS which seemed too big so I tried small but that doesn't work for me either. Any tips for using these tips?

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #3,587 of 7,348
This may sound dumb but is there a trick to getting those Azla Xelastics to work? I can't seem to get a seal with them. I've been an Azla fan for a while and have used both the regular and long Sednaearfit, usually in MS (and rarely M). But I can't seem to get Xelastic to work. Tried MS which seemed too big so I tried small but that doesn't work for me either. Any tips for using these tips?
With the xelastec it takes time to get the right fit. Don't give up on them. I usually wear a large but with xelastec I wear a medium large. You have to work them in there and wear them for a while until the stickiness wears off some. Try pulling your earlobe down with your opposite hand, push the iem in, release earlobe, and then give a shake side to side and slightly inwards and outwards. I felt the same way when I 1st tried them but once they broke in they were great.

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #3,588 of 7,348
With the xelastec it takes time to get the right fit. Don't give up on them. I usually wear a large but with xelastec I wear a medium large. You have to work them in there and wear them for a while until the stickiness wears off some. Try pulling your earlobe down with your opposite hand, push the iem in, release earlobe, and then give a shake side to side and slightly inwards and outwards. I felt the same way when I 1st tried them but once they broke in they were great.
I'll keep messing with them. Thanks.

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,589 of 7,348
I'll keep messing with them. Thanks.
use them for 30minutes+,
if they deform, more like an oval,
not round anymore, then it's good,

if somehow it didn't deform, still round,
then it's too small,

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #3,590 of 7,348
0001.jpg

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #3,592 of 7,348
Not all costumer know the legit authorized dealer,
Not all customer active on this forum,
If they have a problem with their product,
it is bad luck,

Jul 26, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #3,593 of 7,348
Yeah I made that mistake with another product and didn't know unauthorized dealers on fairly reputable sites were a thing

Jul 26, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #3,594 of 7,348
Not all costumer know the legit authorized dealer,
Not all customer active on this forum,
If they have a problem with their product,
it is bad luck,
I know it hurts. They were buying from one dealer in mainland China which we have warned that dealer.
I have emailed to Hifigo multiple times, they just never react to my warnings. I understand they have been in the business for a while, but the unethical behaviors just do not match their reputation.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Jul 26, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #3,596 of 7,348
I've had my DX300 with AMP12 for a few weeks now and I cycled through listening to my collection of IEMs. Finally got the MEST and the DX300 + AMP12 + C9 really does a nice job with the MEST OG. The imaging and soundstage is really enhanced in a good way. Anything guitar really sounds great.

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #3,597 of 7,348
Merely out of happiness, I feel I mest tell you bwuoys that I got my pair of universal MEST mkII a few days ago and I'm loving 'em. :heart_eyes:
They sound _phenomenal_ with all genres, as much as I'm still having a hard time "believing everything they say".
Completely KILLED it for me.
(Dethroned Monarch in the backdrop)
Faithality to the MEST mkII

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #3,598 of 7,348
Good job from UM resolving issues like this quickly - ensures happy customers. Here in US, we're fortunate to have MusicTeck.

I don't have a lot of the adjectives of other listeners, but I've been using my MKII's daily for the last couple of weeks and am really happy with the choice! I was looking for an all-rounder that I could wear all day, use for meetings, and have a lot of fun listening to things from Kendrick Lamar to Chopin.

I use them with an iFi Signature on lowest power settings and can say that I'm thoroughly satisfied. If I want to get crazy I turn on the X-Bass feature on the Signature and it seems to find another gear on the MKII. My ears are in the medium size range. I've tried all of the supplied tips and the Azlas work best for me. Insertion depth has a significant impact on the sound I get and the Azlas hold their position well.

The other front-runner I considered was the Oriolus Isabellae. Maybe those will be a birthday gift to myself in 2022 :thinking:

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #3,599 of 7,348
Merely out of happiness, I feel I mest tell you bwuoys that I got my pair of universal MEST mkII a few days ago and I'm loving 'em. :heart_eyes:
They sound _phenomenal_ with all genres, as much as I'm still having a hard time "believing everything they say".
MEST mkii replaced Monarch for me, too. All it took was listening to one song and there was no contest.

I don't like to throw around the "P" word, but dare I say MEST mkii is perfect? Perfect for me, at least. I really have absolutely no complaints; I can find no flaw.

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #3,600 of 7,348
Hello there,
what's your dac/amp ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back