Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Aug 11, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #1,261 of 1,469
Has anyone tried if there are any sonic variations between the hk special edition + and the regular/international version?

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #1,262 of 1,469
What eartips people use here to boost the sub-bass presence of the 3DT?
Until now, this is the only ear tips that make whole sound super open and sub bass both rumbly and well separated from mid-high bass. Quite an eye-opener
I confirm that 3DT are VERY capricious about eartips.
I use this eartips mostly with multi-BA iem but it seem 3DT act like a multi-BA due to the drivers being tubed.
1628859626210.png

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,263 of 1,469
Until now, this is the only ear tips that make whole sound super open and sub bass both rumbly and well separated from mid-high bass. Quite an eye-opener
I use this eartips mostly with multi-BA iem but it seem 3DT act like a multi-BA due to the drivers being tubed.
OK but which eartip is that? Personally I like Azla.

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #1,264 of 1,469
1628859626210.png
More details on the tips please. I use BGVP A07 and Philips cheap earphone tips (she2405, she3555). Philips tips are outstanding and comfortable and has boost in Sunday as well.

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #1,265 of 1,469
OK but which eartip is that? Personally I like Azla.
Unfortunately these are random large wide bore eartips i have lying around...they are very cheap. The silicone is thin and soft so it dont create discomfort from pressure. They are very similar to JCV SPIRAL DOT eartips with softer dome. It doesnt seal the 3DT nozzle perfectly which can seem scary but the result is great. I think all DD are already tuned without the need of eartips to extend bass response.
1628863539382.png

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #1,266 of 1,469
PXL_20210813_094333435.PORTRAIT.jpg

**** **** pro tips. Better bass and treble extension

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #1,267 of 1,469
1628859626210.png
Bon Jour Mon Ami. For me, with the 3DT it's Tennmak Strong Foam all the way. They seal great with their slow rebound, don't muddy the bass or clip the highs and don't rip & tear like comply. They fit lit foams bu sound like silicone and have a medium large bore that works extremely well with the 3DT. $7 for 6 pair is worth rolling the dice.

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,268 of 1,469
Unfortunately these are random large wide bore eartips i have lying around...they are very cheap. The silicone is thin and soft so it dont create discomfort from pressure. They are very similar to JCV SPIRAL DOT eartips with softer dome. It doesnt seal the 3DT nozzle perfectly which can seem scary but the result is great. I think all DD are already tuned without the need of eartips to extend bass response.
1628863539382.png
You get an A!

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #1,269 of 1,469
Bon Jour Mon Ami. For me, with the 3DT it's Tennmak Strong Foam all the way. They seal great with their slow rebound, don't muddy the bass or clip the highs and don't rip & tear like comply. They fit lit foams bu sound like silicone and have a medium large bore that works extremely well with the 3DT. $7 for 6 pair is worth rolling the dice.
Which size are you using? 4.5mm or 4.9mm?

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,270 of 1,469
I'm currently using Symbio F and W, alternating them based on the occasion.

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #1,271 of 1,469
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,272 of 1,469
I may be missing something with the tip rolling concept. I've tried Azla EarfitLight Shorts and Xelastics, and it is clear to me that the stock 3DT tips are far superior. Better bass depth and control, better tonal balance, and more realism in the soundstage. Honestly I can't get over how perfectly the stock tips perform.

I have a few foam tips to try, but usually I find they dampen out the bass a bit and it loses some texture. Honestly, I don't feel that the 3DTs can afford to lose and bass performance, since that's not their strong suit to begin with. So for me, it's the stock tips all the way.

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #1,273 of 1,469
I may be missing something with the tip rolling concept. I've tried Azla EarfitLight Shorts and Xelastics, and it is clear to me that the stock 3DT tips are far superior. Better bass depth and control, better tonal balance, and more realism in the soundstage. Honestly I can't get over how perfectly the stock tips perform.

I have a few foam tips to try, but usually I find they dampen out the bass a bit and it loses some texture. Honestly, I don't feel that the 3DTs can afford to lose and bass performance, since that's not their strong suit to begin with. So for me, it's the stock tips all the way.
Your not the first person to embrace the stock tips.

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,274 of 1,469

I also like SpinFit CP100, like the stock silicon they are soft which is great for SQ and comfort factor. Tennmak foams work ok, but I find they muffle the upper mids/treble a bit much.

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #1,275 of 1,469
BTW, the Xelastecs were absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm sorry if anyone out these loves them with the 3DT, but I found them to be literally useless. The bass was cut in half, the soundstage collapsed, and the detail went from being TOTL-grade to simply average. Nothing good whatsoever. And yes I had a good seal.

Just sharing my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back