Uneven bass on my A700's
Aug 18, 2011 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EpicPie

500+ Head-Fier
So I noticed on my ATH A700's that the sound was uneven, the left side of the headphones have a punchier bass than the right side. The right side has very weak bass.

Could I have possibly blown one of the drivers from doing pink-noise burn in? When I do the pink-noise burn in I leave the volume at 10 - 15 on my computer.

To make sure it wasn't my soundcard, I also tried them on my phone and through my midi controller/desktop amp. The headphones still have a very weak bass on the right side.

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 3
After further investigating why the right side of my headphones has weak bass, the headphone driver has some small dents which would be the probably cause of the lack in bass. I have no idea on how I could have dented them except they were dented from the factory they were made in. The headphone driver has a metal cage(best way I can describe it) covering it and it's glued on firmly. Have no idea how I could remove the dents.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 3
Took apart the headphones and found a small hole behind behind the headphone driver it's self. Took a paper clip and popped the dented spots of the driver back into place. All good now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back