unAmped: AD1000 or SHR-940 ?
Jun 26, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #2 of 7
A good DAC  is still important, don't use onboard soundcard.

The srh940 suffer from built quality problems (cracks !!) . But I  like their sound , especially when modded (if you want decent bass, I  suggest you increase depth of ear cups).

The audio technica seem to have an awesomely big driver, I  guess they have pretty good bass.

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 7
From those 3, I had the K701, but no amp. was good enough for him at my budget.

The DT880' is more comfortable for me than the HD600, but still not enough. comfort is very important to me.

Where else can i look ?

Jul 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
If you are neither satisfied by DT880 or hd600 comfort, then most likely you are out of luck.
Perhaps the hd598, some say it's more comfy than hd600.

I have 598, 600 and 650 at home, and I find 600 most comfortable from them.
598 have loosy construction, it has much worse build quality.
650 are little less comfortable than 600, but it's not big differance, maybe 10%. They changed somehow construction a bit, and it just feels a little bit different.. for me, HD600 feels more natural.

For me, 600 just perfectly fits head, envelop ear, from first seconds, it seems a little bit too much pressure, but I've noticed, this feeling quickly disolves, and they are comfortable. Which is more important, this comfort remains very long, it doesnt feel distrubive over hours, I can listen very long and never feel headphones disturb me in any way.
I didn't test 650 yet, but I think they will similiar.
598 are lighter, for some people it can be more comfortable. But its similiar design as HD600.
I don't know, what you find disturbive on HD600, tell us, so I can tell you, if HD598 have same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back