UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,142 of 1,228
Hmm, why they would skip the guy that organized the thing is beyond me..

I'll ask Matt about the hold up.  I do have my Miracles in China right now so maybe they'll send them all out together.

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,143 of 1,228
I got the cable (sitting on a shelf), the hoodie (nice fit), and the drive (unused so far). Of all people, not to get the swag? Poetik, this in't right.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #1,144 of 1,228
Hmm, why they would skip the guy that organized the thing is beyond me..

I'll ask Matt about the hold up.  I do have my Miracles in China right now so maybe they'll send them all out together.

WOW.. that is some serious FAIL.  Poetik should've been the first to receive the customs & promo items.  Not ok, UM.. not ok.

Jun 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #1,148 of 1,228
An update from UM Global's Facebook page:

"Hey guys, just an update for our promo clients who are still waiting their goodies and we haven't been talking to via email. Unfortunately we are still waiting for our cable from Amp City. They have to date only delivered us a small portion of the cables which we have ordered for you guys, and it turns out they weren't very good anyway. We, along with you guys are greatly disappointed by this, but it has simply been too long for us to keep you waiting.

To rectify this, we are currently in talks with a few different manufacturers and are assessing our options to source a different cable, of hopefully better quality for you. We will keep you all updated as our negotiations progress. Rest assured, we will deliver.

In the mean time, please refrain from sending us nasty profanity filled emails. Despite our situation, we will not be moved by rudeness. Your patience is greatly appreciated
."

Kudos for the update, anyway, i wonder what type of cable they are going to give us next. Fingers crossed i hope it's from Toxic Cables.
beerchug.gif

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,149 of 1,228
Good news. Hopefully I will be able to exchange the crappy AmpCity cable for the better one (whatever it will be).

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,150 of 1,228
Only just shows how nice Mat & UM are they copped their fair share of flac, even loosing money, but as always trying to satisfy, & hapiness of their customers, its people like this that make the world a better place....Thank you.

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #1,152 of 1,228
I'm trying to decide, what's better - waiting a year for a good cable, or getting a crappy one after six months :wink:

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,153 of 1,228
Quote:
I'm trying to decide, what's better - waiting a year for a good cable, or getting a crappy one after six months :wink:

I don't think you have much of a choice considering there are no more ampcity cables left.  I hope in the end we will eventually get the quality that we're looking for. 

I know I sound super optimistic but even with all the waiting, this is still a better deal than if we went with the original group buy.

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #1,154 of 1,228
I have two ampcity cables sitting around that get no use.  I can accept that it has brown coloring but it's so stiff that I can't use them.  I haven't sold them off yet in hopes to be able to exchange them in the future so I hope that is the case.  Either way, it's a freebie so l feel no loss.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back