UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Jun 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,126 of 1,228
Quote:
well either UMAus/global are clearing things up, or as usual dodging hard questions. (probably the latter)
as for ampcity. bait and switch on customers is dirty and disgusting.

Agreed.

Does anyone else have any information if UM Global is taking action against Ampcity and their cable?

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #1,128 of 1,228
Dealing with the UM promo over the last six months was simply pain in the ass... and it's still not over (waiting for the damn hoodie and USB lol and no emails are answered since four weeks). But reading now, that the silver cable is worse quality... makes me just sad...

Hopefully UM can intervene (topic subscribed!).

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #1,131 of 1,228
I think that those who are not happy with the cable should be allowed to return them to ampcity a get either a credit nite for the full value of the cable or trade it in with the silver cable from um.

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #1,135 of 1,228
Why should we get credit for a freebie? I don't much like the cable, but seriously?

Because many of us opted for this deal because of what was included and what we were told we would be getting, I for one was expecting the cable they were selling at the time which is the V1 and not a cable they had made in china from what I understood the cables were made in house and that is not the case and instead I got a cheap quality cable made to cut costs as someone posted earlier.

I sold my cable already so it no longer effects me but I should have received what I had purchased to start with.

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,136 of 1,228
Because many of us opted for this deal because of what was included and what we were told we would be getting, I for one was expecting the cable they were selling at the time which is the V1 and not a cable they had made in china from what I understood the cables were made in house and that is not the case and instead I got a cheap quality cable made to cut costs as someone posted earlier.
I sold my cable already so it no longer effects me but I should have received what I had purchased to start with.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I got onto the deal back when Steve Guo was heading it up and I just wanted the reduced price on the ciems.The cable, hoodie, and usb drive were just gravy.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,137 of 1,228
By the way, am i the only one who didnt receive any of the promo items beside the cable ?

@rroseperry

Same here , but the items were offered and thus i expect them as they were offered ... guess UM wouldn't be so pleased if id pay only like 80% of the price inorder to cut some cost on my side.

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #1,138 of 1,228
I didn't receive anything from the promo yet besides the flash drive.  I wonder what's going on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back