UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Dec 17, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #736 of 1,228
Just received mine as well! Enjoy... 
biggrin.gif

The last image is just a reference image indicating the color I had in mind.

P.S. The fit is 110% accurate. 
biggrin.gif
 Kudos to UM for an unbelievably fantastic job!

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #740 of 1,228
I received mine Friday. Fit and finish is perfect.  Absolutely no breakage of seal when opening my mouth.  Well done.

What's up with the big red box?  Looks impressive but pretty impractical.  Good thing I have an Otterbox 2000, which works perfect for taking the Merlin with me on the go and maybe a nano or amp and cables.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #741 of 1,228
Um, yea... I tried listening to the W4, PFE232, GR10, and a few other of my universal top-tiers after the Miracle. Not happening... 
smile.gif
 These are a whole another ball game altogether, and they've spoiled my ears to no end just after a few hours of use. I told myself it'd take a miracle (pun intended) to cure my universal in-ear monitor obsession. Seems I've found my miracle. 
ksc75smile.gif

So to UM, I commend you all for meeting my every expectation; nay, exceeding my every expectation!

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #742 of 1,228
^I don't even have the desire to listen to my Westone ES5s. I am very satisfied with the Miracles! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #744 of 1,228

Quote:
Um, yea... I tried listening to the W4, PFE232, GR10, and a few other of my universal top-tiers after the Miracle. Not happening... 
smile.gif
 These are a whole another ball game altogether, and they've spoiled my ears to no end just after a few hours of use. I told myself it'd take a miracle (pun intended) to cure my universal in-ear monitor obsession. Seems I've found my miracle. 
ksc75smile.gif

So to UM, I commend you all for meeting my every expectation; nay, exceeding my every expectation!

Glad to hear this since I have almost the same obsession as you with universals.  I am really glad you found the miracle in ear.  

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #745 of 1,228
Just received mine a day early.  Fit seems to be good but it's hard to get use to.  Inserting is easy but taking them out is a pain.  Isolation is very good, something I'm really gonna have to get use to since I don't like to be completely isolated.  Finish is good but I can see a few imperfections.  The wood plates on the Miracles are very nice.  I'm missing the UM logos on the Merlins but no big deal.  Just looks a bit too plain w/o anything on the face.  After the initial listen, I can definitely tell the difference between the two customs.  Immediately I prefer the Merlins because of the dynamic driver and the bass presence.  I'll put up some pictures later.  

Dec 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #747 of 1,228
btw, does anyone know what those two lines on the frequency response chart means? one for left and one for right? or one is the targeted response line, and the other is the actual response line for the left ear?

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #749 of 1,228
Quote:
Just received mine a day early.  Fit seems to be good but it's hard to get use to.  Inserting is easy but taking them out is a pain.  Isolation is very good, something I'm really gonna have to get use to since I don't like to be completely isolated.  Finish is good but I can see a few imperfections.  The wood plates on the Miracles are very nice.  I'm missing the UM logos on the Merlins but no big deal.  Just looks a bit too plain w/o anything on the face.  After the initial listen, I can definitely tell the difference between the two customs.  Immediately I prefer the Merlins because of the dynamic driver and the bass presence.  I'll put up some pictures later.  

I'm also getting used to removing them as well, and have found that fully elevating my jaw, and gripping the Miracles where the memory wire hooks around and rotating forward (as though your turning a dial) helps remove them with ease. However, there are times where because the fit is so snug, nudging them just a bit too forward or backwards feels like torture.

P.S. Will you (hopefully) be posting a comparison between the two? Apart from the bass, I'd really like to know where the two differ most, and I'm sure there are many others just as eager to know the same. 
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #750 of 1,228
uh oh...this is bad.  I just received my customs but I have bad seal on the right monitor.  After putting it in, I can almost take it right back out without twisting.  Also, when I touch the faceplate and move it around in my ear, I can feel the monitor moving inside my ear. 

For the left monitor, I was wondering if it's normal to lose the seal after 30 minutes of having it in your ear?  After around 30 minutes, I would feel a pop (indicating loss of seal)...then I just push it back in.  Is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back