UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Dec 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #622 of 1,228

I thought they were en route?!?! ... I been checkin my mail box compulsively for no reason then...

Quote:
Dear UM global.

ship our IEMs pls. xmas is coming soon.

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #625 of 1,228
To  clarify, nothing is going back to Cedric.

Most IEM's are stateside about to be sent out to their respective owners.  Some have already been sent out.

In terms of time line, impressions arrived on the 20th of October and begun shipping out on the 1st of December with the final batch going out  on the 8th.  We did put a one week hold on shipping waiting for the cables from AmpCity, but pulled the plug after a week and made the decision to send them to you with the black cable.

Please don't request tracking numbers, as we've already replied to most of you in emails, we will send you a tracking ID once your IEM is out in the mail to you.  This should be by Thursday 15th Dec. We will not provide you with a tracking number if the tracking ID includes orders other than your own.

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #627 of 1,228
Please understand it wouldn't have been fair for us to release this information knowing that not everyones order, possibly yours included may not have arrived in the US in a timely manner.  Now that we know everyones will be there we can let you all know how we are moving forward.

We're not sure whats going on with you and head-fi, we have no say.

To all of you guys, if you need to know anything in particular, just email us and we'll give you the best update we can.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #628 of 1,228

Quote:
To  clarify, nothing is going back to Cedric.

Most IEM's are stateside about to be sent out to their respective owners.  Some have already been sent out.

In terms of time line, impressions arrived on the 20th of October and begun shipping out on the 1st of December with the final batch going out  on the 8th.  We did put a one week hold on shipping waiting for the cables from AmpCity, but pulled the plug after a week and made the decision to send them to you with the black cable.

Please don't request tracking numbers, as we've already replied to most of you in emails, we will send you a tracking ID once your IEM is out in the mail to you.  This should be by Thursday 15th Dec. We will not provide you with a tracking number if the tracking ID includes orders other than your own.

Thank you for clarifying that and it looks like the majority of the people here will be receiving them by christmas. 

I think it a reasonable amount of time considering that it's a bulk group order.  There are people that ordered around the world and got their iems before us but they also wont be receiving the same promotional items we will be receiving.  I actually wanted a stock cable so I don't mind that either.  I just want everyone to get these by christmas so I hope these are shipped out quickly with a fast service once they are in the US.

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #629 of 1,228
From my communication with UM (Malaysia), i understand that UM Global is having a hard time deciding to or not to withhold our IEMs for the arrival of the Ampcity Fortis cable. I honestly don't blame them as shipping the IEMs alone without the cable or even starting to do a stock cable loan/giveaway programme is very troublesome. Though, i feel that if the customer does not mind recieveing a cable'less IEM, by all rights they should ship the IEMs alone first and freebies later. Now, nothing to do but to sit tight and wait patiently.

I still have the reciept of me posting my impressions on the 6th of October. We are all in the same boat :D

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #630 of 1,228

Quote:
From my communication with UM (Malaysia), i understand that UM Global is having a hard time deciding to or not to withhold our IEMs for the arrival of the Ampcity Fortis cable. I honestly don't blame them as shipping the IEMs alone without the cable or even starting to do a stock cable loan/giveaway programme is very troublesome. Though, i feel that if the customer does not mind recieveing a cable'less IEM, by all rights they should ship the IEMs alone first and freebies later. Now, nothing to do but to sit tight and wait patiently.

I still have the reciept of me posting my impressions on the 6th of October. We are all in the same boat :D

Well, we have UniqueMelodyAus's words above that clearly state that all the shipments for the US batches were sent out on the 1st and 8th.  Not only that but they will be shipped with a black cable for as well.  There isn't anymore speculation as to what is happening for us over here as it was clearly stated.  The biggest issue that people were having was speculating when their iems would get to them.  The people now know that they will get them before christmas so at least that mysterious delivery date is settled.

Also UM Global is a bit in a bind but I feel that they made a great decision with shipping the iem's out with the black cables and supplying the freebies at a later date.  They were screwed over by another company but still fixed a problem at their own expense.  I have a lot of respect for them because they COULD have held our iem's to wait for Ampcity but chose a route where they could still get the iems to people's ears.  They absolutely did not have to do that but they did so anyways.  If that isn't customer service then I honestly don't know what is.  Oh yea, not to mention we are still getting the silver cable, the usb drive, and they are upgrading the t-shirts to a track jacket too? WIN.  

We definitely are all in the same boat but if this is how UM treats its customers, then it's a good boat to be in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back