UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Dec 6, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #602 of 1,228
No it's not, we modified from T-shirt to track jacket because they looked nicer...plus isn't it getting cold in the US anyway!?

The issue with the silver cable is that our friends from the UK made a change in supplier (They promised us they would get cable to them about a month ago).  Said supplier is not delivering on promise, cables cannot be built without cable, and we are then also unable to deliver on our promise.

Speaking on behalf of Ampcity.co.uk;

Theres nothing we can do but hound them.  We thought it would be unfair to make some cables with surplus old cable stock and some with the newer (more resistant to oxidation, more robust termination design ability etc) so we have to wait until this cable arrives.  We've been promised a few dates, the last was the 30th of No-shave-novemeber which is obviously expired. 

In light of this UMGlobal will be shipping all US orders with a complimentary black cable.  Those of you who ordered the black cable additionally will be refunded or sent two.  This will allow us to get SOMETHING in your ears asap.  The freebies can wait.

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #605 of 1,228
Sweet, I look forward to getting the tracking number. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #606 of 1,228
I honestly don't mind receiving the extras later. What concerns me first and foremost is that they fit right the first time around for us all. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #608 of 1,228
So when can I expect a tracking number or delivery of my iems?

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #610 of 1,228
My understanding was that UM will be distributing to us directly

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #612 of 1,228
what?!!! Jacket?  Win!!!!  I thought it was going to be a t-shirt. 

Now I'm even more eager to wear it.  Can't wait.

Quote:
From Unique:

Hey Doug, 

Most USA orders are en route if not already in the USA.

We're about to pull the plug on holding off on the cables and it looks like we'll be shipping every set asap with the standard black cable for free with the freebie cable, track jacket and USB key to come later.

Thanks again for your patience, we really appreciate it.

Matt

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #614 of 1,228

Quote:
just just wonder that is the black cables are same price with the silver cables??? more or less pricy than the silver?

less.  It comes standard with customs.  The silver are extras included in the promo.  So, we are getting a free black cable since it wasn't offered with the original promo in addition to the more pricey silver cable, which we will receive at a later date.  If you ended up buying the black cable as an extra, they will refund your money for the black cable.  

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #615 of 1,228
black cables are the default.  So it should be less pricy than the silver (it won't be much of a promotion if we're getting something cheaper than the default).  Because of the delay, we're getting the default black for free...then the silver comes later.  So we get 2 cables rather than just the silver. 

But nobody cares about that...  We want our jackets!

Quote:
just just wonder that is the black cables are same price with the silver cables??? more or less pricy than the silver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back