UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Sep 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #362 of 1,228
Quote:
Well he had to twist it to get it out. It felt like it was very snug fit and I've never done this before so it's all kind of new. I could feel it loosening up in my ear naturally on it's own in my ear he took it out though. Did anyone else have that or a similar experience?

OMG... really bad time to be sipping tea, which is now all over my clothes.

On a serious note. I didn't feel my original impressions loosening on their own. Even when worn after they cured, they weren't loose on their own. I'd ask for a re-mold from the same audiologist.

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #363 of 1,228

Quote:
Quote:

OMG... really bad time to be sipping tea, which is now all over my clothes.

On a serious note. I didn't feel my original impressions loosening on their own. Even when worn after they cured, they weren't loose on their own. I'd ask for a re-mold from the same audiologist.

LOL, yea I see where you're getting at with that.  Hmm yea I'll give them a call and see if I can schedule another appointment.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #364 of 1,228
Unfortunately I have had to opt out of my purchase obligation with UM Global. The class and humor UM Global has regaled us with has ensured that someday I will make a purchase through them undoubtedly. Good luck guys!

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #366 of 1,228
I ended up getting the Merlin and Miracles.  I paid for them last night.  It felt horrible paying that big chunk of money.  I didn't realize the default account was my bank account and completed the transaction.  Needless to say that I was charged a NSF fee and had to repay it using my backup visa.  Paypal has advised me that they will retry to get that original transaction because it cannot be cancelled, so I will be charged another NSF fee.  Since UM was kind enough to refund my original payment, paypal on the other hand has told me that usually after two attempts the transaction stops.  Since UM has refunded my original payment, this method does not imply.  So, I have no idea how many times paypal will try to take the original payment.  What a pain in the a** for a stupid error I made.  Anyway, they are paid for, my impressions are on the way and I'm looking forward to receiving my customs.  By the way, though I never used a bite block and kept my mouth slightly open the whole time, the molds seemed to look nice and I did not have any complications when they removed them.  They just sort of popped out when she moved my ears to take them out.  Seems like a good sign (I hope) so I'll just use those impressions.  Now that you guys know that I don't have much money in my account to be paying for two customs, I feel like an idiot but wanted to share the story anyway.  

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #368 of 1,228
What you put on your credit is your own business, but I personally don't choose to live beyond my means. I just hope you are safe with your finances. I know the allure of gear on Head-fi is tempting especially with a killer deal like this, but you have to be safe.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #369 of 1,228

Quote:
What you put on your credit is your own business, but I personally don't choose to live beyond my means. I just hope you are safe with your finances. I know the allure of gear on Head-fi is tempting especially with a killer deal like this, but you have to be safe.

I agree man, right before this deal happened I had JUST payed off 3 of my credit cards.  That was was over about $4000 and it hurt to see it go but it had to be done.

Please be responsible with credit but then again a deal like this doesn't come up everyday =)

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #372 of 1,228

Quote:

I know and good advise.  Only reason I did this UM buy is because I have a credit card I paid off awhile back and wanted to use it to buy the UM's.  When I went through the process through paypal, I just forgot to change the default payment option so I wouldn't deal with this headache.  I never make such a big purchase so it really never crossed my mind.  

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #375 of 1,228
Got my invoice, paid, ready to roll! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back