Ultrasone's commitment to customer service
Oct 19, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #211 of 299

Quote:
Well great...... the left driver in the Pro 650 I just sold blew. I'm issuing a refund and having the customer ship it back to me. It looks like I'll have to deal with Ultrasone customer service now as well. Wish me luck!

Wow. Good luck with that
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #212 of 299
Great to hear that things will be getting sorted out Dave! But it's sad that it took almost 1 year and this massive protest thread to "motivate" those at Ultrasone to finally take care of one of their customers.

Please keep us updated when you finally receive your new (and great condition) new pair!

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #213 of 299
customers should always be 1st priority of any company regardless of which industry the business is in. Even though david gets a brand new pair because of this thread. Im afraid it will still affect sales of ultrasone because this story will never be forgotten. They shouldve just gave him a new pair or repaired it and be done with the problem. Bad decision ultrasone, bad decision!

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #214 of 299
I'm glad David is getting his issue taken care.  However, what I care about is knowing Ultrasone has changed the way they handle Customer Service.  Shipping out refurbs that are broken w/ low QC to replace lost items under warranty is not acceptable not to mention the timeframe of this disaster.  Common sense needs to prevail at some point where somebody says "Get this guy some new headphones!"  Somebody or bodies need to get fired for being stupid and irresponsible.  Unless this attitude is part of Ultrasone's corporate philosophy.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #215 of 299
I am not here to defend anyone. However, with my brief communications with Ultrasone, specifically their new US director, I am thinking their problem may have been a lack of oversight of one or more employees who were the ones that created this whole mess. Also, this employee, who is no longer with the company, that was originally handling the situation, may have done an effective job of keeping things under the radar with his corporate office. I have seen this several times before in other organizations.

This is a probable explanation, as I interpret the situation, and not an excuse. Also, I am in no way representing Ultrasone whatsoever. This is simply what my experience and observations suggest to me. If this is the case, then they screwed up with oversight issues and hopefully, with the new US director, all questionable customer service issues will be behind us and them so all who own their products can rest more easily.

Once he knew about the problem, the new director took steps to resolve the problem in less than a day. What an interesting set of events. I just hope that if this was all due to the stupidity of one bad or disgruntled employee that Ultrasone can recover. If it is a problem beyond one bad employee it won't take long for other problems to surface and for us to find out. I prefer to think the problem is solved as I am hopeful Ultrasone, along with many other companies, can and will survive and thrive in the marketplace.

I tend to judge a company not so much by their mistake but rather what they do about it. You just have to get to the right person and it's so very unfortunate that it took this long for our brother Head-fier to get the resolution and service he needed and deserved. But, looking on the bright side, at least something is being done now and that's a good thing.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #216 of 299

Quote:
I am not here to defend anyone. However, with my brief communications with Ultrasone, specifically their new US director, I am thinking their problem may have been a lack of oversight of one or more employees who were the ones that created this whole mess. Also, this employee, who is no longer with the company, that was originally handling the situation, may have done an effective job of keeping things under the radar with his corporate office. I have seen this several times before in other organizations.

This is a probable explanation, as I interpret the situation, and not an excuse. Also, I am in no way representing Ultrasone whatsoever. This is simply what my experience and observations suggest to me. If this is the case, then they screwed up with oversight issues and hopefully, with the new US director, all questionable customer service issues will be behind us and them so all who own their products can rest more easily.

Once he knew about the problem, the new director took steps to resolve the problem in less than a day. What an interesting set of events. I just hope that if this was all due to the stupidity of one bad or disgruntled employee that Ultrasone can recover. If it is a problem beyond one bad employee it won't take long for other problems to surface and for us to find out. I prefer to think the problem is solved as I am hopeful Ultrasone, along with many other companies, can and will survive and thrive in the marketplace.

I tend to judge a company not so much by their mistake but rather what they do about it. You just have to get to the right person and it's so very unfortunate that it took this long for our brother Head-fier to get the resolution and service he needed and deserved. But, looking on the bright side, at least something is being done now and that's a good thing.

all good and well if this was an isolated case...I doubt it is just one or few workers oversight here..I've come across Ultrasone horror stories on this board before, and quite frankly seems like they have some major issues...as a company rather than just a few employees. and unless they fix this problem, giving David a new Ed8 so they can improve their image is frankly not enough...
for gods sake, there seems to be another head-fier here that has exactly the same problems with David with exactly the same treatment (see his post in the previous page or two..)!!!!

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #217 of 299
Quote:
all good and well if this was an isolated case...I doubt it is just one or few workers oversight here..I've come across Ultrasone horror stories on this board before, and quite frankly seems like they have some major issues...as a company rather than just a few employees. and unless they fix this problem, giving David a new Ed8 so they can improve their image is frankly not enough...
for gods sake, there seems to be another head-fier here that has exactly the same problems with David with exactly the same treatment (see his post in the previous page or two..)!!!!

I do hope it's an isolated case. I went ahead and emailed Ultrasone about my broken Pro 650. If anyone is interested I'll post how it goes over with Ultrasone's customer service. 

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #218 of 299
I agree. They have their work cut out for them and a bit of a mountain to climb to regain confidence in our community. It will be interesting to see what happens. Your comments are appreciated and dead on target.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #219 of 299
"I do hope it's an isolated case. I went ahead and emailed Ultrasone about my broken Pro 650. If anyone is interested I'll post how it goes over with Ultrasone's customer service."

My only suggestion is to make sure you are communicating with Randy Fuchs, who is the new US director.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #220 of 299

Quote:
I agree. They have their work cut out for them and a bit of a mountain to climb to regain confidence in our community. It will be interesting to see what happens. Your comments are appreciated and dead on target.

x2 on their work cut out for them to regain confidence. 
for a starters I would like to see them address the issue of communication. David mentioned he tried to contact germany HQ to no avail. that seems like an institutional problem. especially if they are now going to claim that the problem was caused by some employees abusing their role. I would expect some mechanism placed in a company worth millions to limit/ eliminate such events.

the fact that initially they expected David to pay $600 for cosmetic repair. now I doubt that the worker was going to pocket that money himself, so it's logical to assume its company policy. now I understand that the cost of a product is not the sum of its parts, but also include R&D, advertising, after sales support, distribution etc..but considering someone has already payed for those when they purchase the product the first time, charging a customer that amount is just not acceptable IMO. when someone buys a product, they expect certain customer service with it and that also includes reasonable cost on service and repair..

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #221 of 299

Quote:
I am not here to defend anyone. However, with my brief communications with Ultrasone, specifically their new US director, I am thinking their problem may have been ...

Thanks for your extra work on this and very well said...

Quote:

all good and well if this was an isolated case...

I too hope that this is an isolated case because I just picked up a pair from another head fi'er that I am happily listening to now.  I hope that I have no problems with them too, other than the pads constantly coming off when they are not being worn.

Just a note that the other head-fier has only now made contact with Ultrasone so we do not know if they have/will be mishandling his situation too just yet.  We shall see but I would be super surprised if they mess that up.

Quote:
Quote:
I do hope it's an isolated case. I went ahead and emailed Ultrasone about my broken Pro 650. If anyone is interested I'll post how it goes over with Ultrasone's customer service. 

I think that anyone reading this thread will be interested in hearing about your case.  Thanks for keeping us posted.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #222 of 299

Quote:

As a marketing student, I agree with this statement. 

But what's more important is how would Ultrasone fix their customer service problem, and whether or not they maintain after the problem is blown over.

I really hope that they pull through though, it's always sad to watch a company fail because of bad management. 

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #223 of 299
I also have an Ultrasone customer service story. . . 

I purchased a pair of DJ1s from an online retailer and upon receipt noticed a driver imbalance. They were promptly returned to the retailer who shipped them for repair to Ultrasone UK. About 2 months later I received someone else's old DJ1s, they worked fine but were well used and smelled of someone else's cologne!
frown.gif

An email to Ultrasone Germany later resulted in a very nice lady named Julia shipping me a brand new pair for free. 
smile_phones.gif

Very happy with these highly under-rated cans and they continue to impress everyone that listens to my portable rig.

Sad to hear of your experience David, hopefully you eventually have the same happy resolution that I did.

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #224 of 299
I really don't understand the point of sending people someone else's old cans when they were promised new ones, knowing well that they won't be able to get away with it. 
mad.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #225 of 299

It's not, even in this very thread there is already another issue that is pretty much the same as the OP's, and I recall reading at least one other story about a high end Ultrasone headphone in the past in these forums, which was very similar to this one.
Quote:
I too hope that this is an isolated case because I just picked up a pair from another head fi'er that I am happily listening to now.

And all you people informing Ultrasone of the existence of this thread, geez, there is no way they don't know about it yet.
Most likely they've been aware from the first few pages onwards, but it's hard to produce an appropriate statement when you've dug yourself in so deep.
But what their plan of action is, is anyone's guess.

I'm surprised they're discussing the situation with completely unrelated third parties though. At least, I hope they're not giving any detailed personal information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back