Ultrasone Vs. Audiotechnica
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #46 of 62
I recently got the ATH-A900Ti, which totally got rid of the gap of the 'normal' A-series. They're on their way to replacing my ATH-AD900 as my favourite can. Both have their own strengths, though. Bass quality and quantity is excellent with the Titaniums.

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those are the same as the K 518 LE right? just different colors?

Hah I never seen those. They look nice. They have same specs as K518 and K81 so yeah they all sound the same, only difference is colour.

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh thanks. but i can't seem to find anywhere in the US that sells this headphone. is this only avaliable in international countries?

I found this AKG K 518 LE - HEADPHONES (LAMBORGHINI YELLOW)- A PAIR OF

Hah how cool is that colour.

EDIT: Nevermind thats a UK store.

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #51 of 62
The A700 is an awesome phone. I can't imagine how anyone can say it sucks, especially in comparison to the ES7. I can only surmise you listened to one with 0 hours on it.

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #52 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The A700 is an awesome phone. I can't imagine how anyone can say it sucks, especially in comparison to the ES7. I can only surmise you listened to one with 0 hours on it.

Yeah I can't say my A900 sucks and apparently A900 isn't that much better than A700. Its a good headphone but this guy wants something portable so I can't recommend it.

Quote:

I can't imagine how anyone can say it sucks, especially in comparison to the ES7.

Yep thats very hard to believe.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #53 of 62
I think the DT770 Pro/80 is a great phone but I've noticed that although there is more bass than my AD700, I think the AD700 goes down deeper.

Side note: perhaps you might be interested in checking out the JVC HA-RX700 or RX900. They've been said to be better than the A900 and have bigger bass. And the best part is Buy.com has them for $33 and $55 respectively. I just ordered both.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #54 of 62
Quote:

The ES7 has wayyyyyyyy better mids than the crappy mids in the A700. And better highs, not as dark. And better bass too. The only positive for the A700 is that it's more comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I can't say my A900 sucks and apparently A900 isn't that much better than A700..

To my ears, the A900 is better than the A700. Although I still am not a big fan of it I wouldn't say that it sucks.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #55 of 62
I think you are insane if you think (a) the A700 has crappy mids, or (b) that you think the highs are dark. I think we have may have had this discussion in a separate thread, but my A700s compare very well to my 325is (which are not exactly known for 'crappy mids' or 'dark highs'). I continue to think you only listened for 10 minutes to a 0 hour pair. They sound thin for the first few hours.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #57 of 62
No I have not. So I can't say which is better. I was just reacting to the 'A700 sucks' comment.

So how did you listen to the A700? Since you have heard both.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #58 of 62
Hmm what does Audio Technica bring to the table.

Excellent customer service. Sent me replacement wings for free within 5 minutes of my phone call.

Incredible solid build. AD900 still looks new. Friends co-workers who have seen it can't believe mine are almost 3 years old now. It looks that awesome still, and can say I transported them a lot, dropped them repeatedly (not on purpose). No scratches, no paint chips, no damage at all except ear pad wear which is impossible to prevent.

Style. AT Headphones look awesome. I still think the L3000 and AD2000 rank as two of my favorite headphones in terms of appearance.

Sound: So far my AD900 sounds awesome. Each time I want to upgrade, and I think, I don't need it, AD900 rock so much still.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #59 of 62
Quote:

No I have not. So I can't say which is better. I was just reacting to the 'A700 sucks' comment.

So how did you listen to the A700? Since you have heard both.

Audition at store. No, it has been burned in for ages. And to my ears the superiority of the ES7 over the A700 is clear. Maybe you should get your hands on the ES7, and you'll understand what I mean.

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #60 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audition at store. No, it has been burned in for ages. And to my ears the superiority of the ES7 over the A700 is clear. Maybe you should get your hands on the ES7, and you'll understand what I mean.

990pro had more bass than 770pro when I auditioned them in a store.

770pro has a lot more bass on my home setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back