Ultrasone Signature DJ
May 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #916 of 2,701
If i was considering these and the Signature pro's , what would you say (those Ultrasonistas who have heard both) the differences could be likened to?

sig pro = 780  DJ pro = 680  or    sig pro = pro 750   DJ pro = pro 900   for example ?

Is the DJ just a slightly bassier Pro or are the differences much deeper?

If a person prefers the 580 to the 780 (too much high energy for me) which would be better suited?

Any feedback appreciated as i cant demo these.

May 23, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #917 of 2,701
The more I read this thread and Sig pro's one , the more I think we should have only one thread about signature series. It would be easier to concentrate all questions and  answers (which are often relatives to DJ/pro comparison).  In my mind, Sig pro and DJ are two flavors of the same pair of headphones  and having only one thread shoud be more efficient to promote signatures.   With a good first post with essential information , links to  best reviews and comparison DJ vs pro or vs other cans . 

Any thought about this ? 

May 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #918 of 2,701
Both Signatures have a good controlled treble region. I had the HFI 2400, PRO 2900, PRO 900. All had much sharper treble and the PRO 900 had most. I have the PRO 550 and that one comes close to the treble quantity of the Signatures, but the sound quality that the Signatures show is a quantum leap from all other Ultrasones I had. And the DJ has just the amount of quality bass added, that some prefer.

May 23, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #919 of 2,701
Quote:
If i was considering these and the Signature pro's , what would you say (those Ultrasonistas who have heard both) the differences could be likened to?

sig pro = 780  DJ pro = 680  or    sig pro = pro 750   DJ pro = pro 900   for example ?

Is the DJ just a slightly bassier Pro or are the differences much deeper?

If a person prefers the 580 to the 780 (too much high energy for me) which would be better suited?

Any feedback appreciated as i cant demo these.

I would describe the highs on the PRO and DJ as extended yet smooth where I have found some other Ultrasones, particularly the PRO 900, to have offensively harsh highs.  In addition to a more present low end, the DJ has a bigger soundstage.  Mids are a bit more forward with the PRO which may be due to the increased bass of the DJ.  The bass on the DJ is not intrusive, just more present in music when it is called upon.  Mids on both have excellent resolution.

May 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #920 of 2,701
What do you guys think of the comfort of this headphone. I've tried it a few times as well as having had the sig pro and didn't find it agreeable, though the pads on these sig dj headphones are better than the pro in my opinion though (based on memory).  

It's all plastic so I assume that it can't be stretched. Tight clamp. Also the most comfortable way of wearing it is at it's shortest headband length - without any clicks down. Who else finds this?

May 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #921 of 2,701
Quote:
What do you guys think of the comfort of this headphone. I've tried it a few times as well as having had the sig pro and didn't find it agreeable, though the pads on these sig dj headphones are better than the pro in my opinion though (based on memory).  

It's all plastic so I assume that it can't be stretched. Tight clamp. Also the most comfortable way of wearing it is at it's shortest headband length - without any clicks down. Who else finds this?

The clamp is probably tighter than other high-end headphones since most are made for home listening vs. active/DJ use.  I can fall asleep wearing these and might have very minor discomfort after hours of use, but I find them very comfortable for everyday use, especially since the pads are so soft, plush and large enough to easily cover my ears.

May 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #924 of 2,701
I think they are comfortable. I've used them for 6-7 hours straight and don't find them hurting my ears or anything. Tho I've used them a lot. When I first got them the clamp was really tight but it will loose in couple weeks. (not sure how to use the word correctly >.>) 

May 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #925 of 2,701
I bought the Sig Pro used. The guy who sold them either used them a lot or bend them a bit more open. I disassembled the headband and readjusted them to have the same clamp as the DJs. So yes you can minimize the clamp like with nearly every other phone. But you ought to be careful.

May 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #926 of 2,701
Quote:
I bought the Sig Pro used. The guy who sold them either used them a lot or bend them a bit more open. I disassembled the headband and readjusted them to have the same clamp as the DJs. So yes you can minimize the clamp like with nearly every other phone. But you ought to be careful.

You are braver than me to tamper with such expensive headphones.

May 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #928 of 2,701
Quote:

I agree that the clamp is tight when they are brand new. It does loosen up.

I also wear them at the shortest headband length, and even then they don't sit too tightly on the top of my head. I never thought I had a small head. These were built for the bigger noggins.

May 24, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #929 of 2,701
Does anyone game with these things? It's downright fantastic immersing yourself with the cinematic bass using Dolby Headphone or similar HRTF solutions. Explosions hit deep and hit hard, rumble is literally felt and positioning or cue directions are spot on. I am still talking about healthy volume doses. 

May 24, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #930 of 2,701
I am gaming with it. Yes it is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back