Ultrasone Signature DJ
Apr 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #796 of 2,701
Yes, definitely. It's probably often the looks making people doubt about the quality of these cans because they don't really look boutique. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #797 of 2,701
Yes, they are worth their Price, but it cannot hurt to wait for a good Discount or a used pair. I was lucky to shoot a brandnew pair for 550 Euro.
atsmile.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #799 of 2,701
Quote:
Do you guys honestly think they are worth $1000?

lol! that's a silly question. you're asking a bunch of audiophiles whether their expensive headphones are worth it? what do you think they would say hahaha.

if you are extremely passionate about headphones AND you find your current headphones unsatisfactory (feel like something is missing) AND if you are specifically looking for a ultra-premium, expensive, bass-emphasizing, closed, portable pair of headphones, then yes... otherwise, probably not. (imo)

also, remember that there are diminishing returns the higher up on the price chart you go. I would suggest comparing them to cheaper headphones with a similar sound signature (like the $300 V-Moda M100 or $400 Yamaha Pro 500) and decide if the difference in sound quality is worth the price difference for you personally.

if you are thinking of investing in a ultra-premium pair of headphones that are $1,000+, there are a lot of great options, so you need to make sure you know exactly what you are looking for and what kind of sound signature you desire.

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #800 of 2,701
Quote:
lol! that's a silly question. you're asking a bunch of audiophiles whether their expensive headphones are worth it? what do you think they would say hahaha.

if you are extremely passionate about headphones AND you find your current headphones unsatisfactory (feel like something is missing) AND if you are specifically looking for a ultra-premium, expensive, bass-emphasizing, closed, portable pair of headphones, then yes... otherwise, probably not. (imo)

also, remember that there are diminishing returns the higher up on the price chart you go. I would suggest comparing them to cheaper headphones with a similar sound signature (like the $300 V-Moda M100 or $400 Yamaha Pro 500) and decide if the difference in sound quality is worth the price difference for you personally.

if you are thinking of investing in a ultra-premium pair of headphones that are $1,000+, there are a lot of great options, so you need to make sure you know exactly what you are looking for and what kind of sound signature you desire.

Too long you couldve just said yes.

All jokes aside, good points Money4you247

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #802 of 2,701
can you post a pic of that cable? Where did you get it?

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #803 of 2,701
Ive considered getting these headphones, but to be honest I am kind of scared. I am a fan of Ultrasone for one simple reason, the Pro 900's. Only pair i've tried from the company. I would have already went with one of their higher up - such as one of the editions - but reviews and other peoples experiences with them do not seem that great. I just want the same sound as the 900's but "better" if that makes any sense. Anyone have any ideas for a guy like me? :D

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #804 of 2,701
Yes, get the DJ and you will have everything better. There's nothing the Pro 900 do better except cost less.

I don't know who's being negative and knows about the Signatures at the same time. The problem with Ultrasone is that some Editions somehow tarnished their reputation and led people to think everything's overpriced, just style, not enough substance, exaggerated material choices etc. 

With the Signature Series they are on a very good path.

Again, the DJ does everything better, even for gaming.

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #805 of 2,701
I sold my PRO 900 and PRO 2900 after purchasing first the SIGNATURE PRO and then the SIGNATURE DJ. The first has overall a very controlled and powefull neutral sound with very good micro details and the second puts a nice bass emphasis and more pronounced treble which are never sibilant on top. I consider the DJ as the perfect PRO 900 successor that qualifies itself as worth its pricetag.

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #807 of 2,701
Quote:
Wow.. you guys are making me want to jump for a pair right now.

Ditto.   Wish I could audition the DJ before spending a grand........................

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #808 of 2,701
Quote:
Ive considered getting these headphones, but to be honest I am kind of scared. I am a fan of Ultrasone for one simple reason, the Pro 900's. Only pair i've tried from the company. I would have already went with one of their higher up - such as one of the editions - but reviews and other peoples experiences with them do not seem that great. I just want the same sound as the 900's but "better" if that makes any sense. Anyone have any ideas for a guy like me?
biggrin.gif

I understand your apprehension as I won a $700 bid for the Sig DJ on Ebay and my heart was racing as I placed them on my head and pressed play on my Iphone.  Personally, I can't stand the PRO 900 due to the harsh highs.  If you love quality, impactful bass and demand accurate, extended, smooth highs with lifelike vocal and instrument reproduction, the Sig DJ is for you.  It also doesn't hurt that they work well as portables and are easily powered.  For me, the Sig DJ was love at first listen and there is NOTHING I would change about them or expect them to do better.  The Sig DJ and the V-Moda M-100 are the only two headphones I unconditionally recommend in their respective price ranges.

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #809 of 2,701
Quote:
I understand your apprehension as I won a $700 bid for the Sig DJ on Ebay and my heart was racing as I placed them on my head and pressed play on my Iphone.  Personally, I can't stand the PRO 900 due to the harsh highs.  If you love quality, impactful bass and demand accurate, extended, smooth highs with lifelike vocal and instrument reproduction, the Sig DJ is for you.  It also doesn't hurt that they work well as portables and are easily powered.  For me, the Sig DJ was love at first listen and there is NOTHING I would change about them or expect them to do better.  The Sig DJ and the V-Moda M-100 are the only two headphones I unconditionally recommend in their respective price ranges.

That is a great price you got them for! 

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #810 of 2,701
It was such a good price that the dealer lost his business with Ultrasone, was't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back