Ultrasone Signature DJ
Jun 8, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #2,252 of 2,701
Eh. If my input is overly complex and thorough, it's due to having OCD that translates to this exact issue. There are too many headphones I absolutely cannot wear because of ceaseless adjusting for bouts of over 45 minutes at times. No headphone is worth destroying my neck, arm, shoulders, upper back, etc. from putting them on, taking them off and re-adjusting. Seal for me involves checking for gaps with my fingertips from all sides with my face in a relaxed position, talking position, yawning position, leaning left, leaning right, etc. etc. etc. way too much **** basically. I can't wear any headphone by AKG without exception.

I just thought I'd share if their fate is similar with regard to their seal issue. They did ask for "any suggestions".

Luckily the Sig Pro has no issues for me related to comfort other than sore ears where my ear makes contact with the s-logic plate or whatever that piece is called.

This is something...

I would recommend hd800 from sennheiser. By far, it just sits on the head, you never have to move it. 

I do not have this problem at the moment, but I can feel you. It is one of the reasons I do not buy audeze. They are too heavy, and strain my entire neck and head, and it is hurtfull, so in a way, I can totally understand you.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #2,254 of 2,701
OCD is a real pita depending on the individual. I had an HD600 and if the HD800 is similar to fit, they don't budge at all after they're on your head which was excellent. The clamping force was a positive as well as the velour earpads. The headband caused me hotspots though. I didn't care for the laid back sound signature (to my ears). The Fidelio X2's were so very close, but the shape of the earpads were their downfall. Even though the seal was superb, the headband excellent, the earpads gave me a sense of perceived gaps due to their extra horizontal width. The pads were a tad itchy too. Also the laid back issue. DT990/600 have been my favorite open back pair, but they definitely aren't top tier SQ.

Buying headphones sure has been a real challenge and learning experience. The HD800 and HE560 are on my short list of headphones I'm interested in and want to try. The Sig Pro fits the bill aside from the sore ears after prolonged usage, but I can live it; it's not that bad.

He560 is veiled in comparation with hd800. Not enough bass, not enough treble, not enough resolution, but very musical. Hd800 has more treble, more resolution, more bass, the best soundstage, and everything is like re-discovering music and life. Sig dj is very similar for me, but with a little less treble, but in rest, the same., so YMMV

Hd800 is the most comfortable headphone I had ever put on my head. Hd650 is not that comfortable compared. Hd800 is much bigger too.

About OCD, people use this sintagm most of times when they talk about how they are obsesive about every detail about a thing. 

I kind of know what OCD (the disease) is and experienced a form of it with my music (I had to tag every single file right, and try to download FLAC for everything I did not had) physical CDs are rare in Romania, so this had to do. Or, when I was younger, I had some kind of OCD to check my phone before conversing with someone, because I had a phone which used to call in pocket because of random buttons press. 

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #2,255 of 2,701
In reference to the HE-560, I don't understand what you mean by 'not enough bass' compared to the HD800.  HE-560 definitely has more of it than the HD800, but it's not a drastic amount of difference.

The biggest deciding factor to me for the HD800 over the HE-560 was soundstage size.  The HD800 sounds big in comparison, while the HE-560 sounds more cramped with a smaller image.  Also, the HD800 was smoother throughout its midrange, while the 4khz bump of the HE-560's midrange (even with focus-a pads) was a little disjointed by comparison.

I did not find the HE-560 veiled next to the HD800.

They trade blows for comfort, with HE-560 having a more comfortable headband, and the HD800 being more comfortable on the ears, with less clamping force and more room in its cups.

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #2,259 of 2,701
Well after using it extensively for a day during kickback and relax sessions as well as commuting, these are one pair of uncomfortable headphones because my ears simply rub against the s logic plate too many times and causing rather bad pain to the tips of my ears. Looks like im gonna sell them away soon. Thanks all for your feedback. Regarding the sound they are actually all I wanted clear crisp dynamic but just a tad less highs and more midrange would be nice but the s logic does work in my honest opinion, it's just the comfort that's really throwing me off

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #2,260 of 2,701
Well after using it extensively for a day during kickback and relax sessions as well as commuting, these are one pair of uncomfortable headphones because my ears simply rub against the s logic plate too many times and causing rather bad pain to the tips of my ears. Looks like im gonna sell them away soon. Thanks all for your feedback. Regarding the sound they are actually all I wanted clear crisp dynamic but just a tad less highs and more midrange would be nice but the s logic does work in my honest opinion, it's just the comfort that's really throwing me off

well, they are smaller than their sub-brothers. 

I wonder if there is any headphone that would every feature such a good SQ for a lower price, and still be closed back. Maybe the new sennheiser closed back?

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #2,261 of 2,701
S logic works really great though the position to sit on my ears are important.  Since I bought a pair as used, i only paid roughly a half of its original price.  So I am quite happy though the pressure on my ears are too strong to wear hours.

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #2,262 of 2,701
  S logic works really great though the position to sit on my ears are important.  Since I bought a pair as used, i only paid roughly a half of its original price.  So I am quite happy though the pressure on my ears are too strong to wear hours.

I'm in the same boat, minus the discomfort and pressure placed on ears. I find these phones plenty comfy. I'm currently listening to them through the JDS C5D and I have no desire or interest in playing the headphone game right now. Seriously, I kept away from Head-Fi for a while until I decided to sell some gear. For my tastes and preferences, these cans are that great!

On the amp/source side though, that Microshar G3 is calling my name. Damn Head-Fi, always something...

Currently listening to the Heartless Bastards (just saw them live the other night, great show!) and have absolutely no complaints!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back