Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #5,416 of 5,992
Every review I've read has said these are too bright and some people have even returned them because of it. I don't find them bright at all and even enjoy using the noise sharpener DSP in foobar. Maybe I just got used to the AD900's bright and airy sound.

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #5,417 of 5,992
Every review I've read has said these are too bright and some people have even returned them because of it. I don't find them bright at all and even enjoy using the noise sharpener DSP in foobar. Maybe I just got used to the AD900's bright and airy sound.

I didn't find them too bright either, but I didn't feel they needed more treble boost either. :xf_eek: I think compared to something smooth/dark like the HD 580, or something cleaner like the F1, they're probably on the bright/aggressive side though.

Mar 24, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #5,418 of 5,992
Quote:
if someone has a pair of pro 900, could they post pictures of the earcup with measurements of the dimensions and earcup depth? I would really appreciate that!

u have a choice of metric or imperial sizing...:p

since i hv gotten the pro900, i have never thought of going "back" to the 780.
( its been quite awhile tobehonest... the cups on the 780 is smaller, n less comfy )

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #5,421 of 5,992
The only thing I wasn't prepared for with these headphones are how short the cable is. The cable makes me think these are portable cans.

Which cable? They come with two. The shorter one is advertised for mobile use, and the longer, coiled cable, for home/studio use. Either is entirely appropriate for either, assuming you've got an adapter (where needed). I think you can probably also buy longer, straight, aftermarket cables (I think Moon Audio still sells them).

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #5,424 of 5,992
Quote:
Can you buy a long, straight cable from them though? That's actually something I've been curious about as well...
redface.gif

You can. I bought the ten footer for my DJ's. It's actually the cable they use for the Pros but it's got the same locking mechanism, so it works. 

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #5,425 of 5,992
Quote:
The only thing I wasn't prepared for with these headphones are how short the cable is. The cable makes me think these are portable cans.

Enjoy the short cable BASGTA....You can always buy an extension if necessary...The HOSA 10 ft. is good.....I have purchased the 2.7 ft. & 4.11..ft. cable from Ultrasone before because my PRO900s were shipped with the 10 ft. straight and the coiled cable.  I also had one of my PRO blue straight cables reterminated in a mini by a head-fier for more portable use...

Removeable cables on great phones= PRICELESS...

http://shopworld.ultrasone.com/us/category.php?id_category=20

Cheers!!!

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #5,428 of 5,992
Wait, why? Neutrik connectors are cheap, and it doesn't look like the cable is anything special like OCC. You could get a badass custom cable for that price.

Apparently all of their Neutrik cables are expensive, but I found a much less expensive alternative...
http://shopworld.ultrasone.com/us/product.php?id_product=39 HFI-2400 cable!

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #5,429 of 5,992
If there's one thing I like about the Pro 900's, it's they way they look.  They look amazing and are extremely well built.  However at full price I find them a bit too overpriced in my opinion, but if you can find them for around $300 dollars to $400 dollars they aren't a bad buy.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #5,430 of 5,992
Quote:
Wait, why? Neutrik connectors are cheap, and it doesn't look like the cable is anything special like OCC. You could get a badass custom cable for that price.

None of the aftermarket cables I looked at had their proprietary "Bayonet locking mechanism". Did you find a place that can make them with the right connector? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back