Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jan 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #5,281 of 5,992
Quote:
Received these earlier this week. Very very very satisfied with them. I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed at first by the signature but as I continued to listen I pretty much fell in love. Psychological burn-in is certainly a real thing. 

Any song suggestions to take these cans to their limit? Don't worry about genre--musical prefeyou are enjoying themrence has nothing to do with this experiment. 

Glad you are enjoying them...

How about trying the song in the OP here....http://www.head-fi.org/t/643934/the-essential-rock-metal-headphone-appreciation-thread-fans-unite then post your thoughts metal man....
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #5,284 of 5,992
I've had my Pro900's for about a year now and I paired them with the Hifi-Man 602. Let me say that this combo sounds awsome. I know the mids are slightly reccessed but not with this combo. You can listen to everything. The 602 has slightly rolled off highs , with a mid-range that is to die for , deep punchy bass, wide dynamics and a huge detailed soundstage. You have to hear it.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #5,286 of 5,992
Listen to Porter Robinson's Album. Dubstep that is too addicting :wink:

Also Dusky aka Solarity

Skrillex for more dub

Massive Attack for some chill awesomeness

Matt Lange personally one of my favorite producers.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #5,287 of 5,992
The knife makes amazing music for for headphones with good bass.  Purity ring also makes very well mastered and fun music.

Agreed. They render bass very well, almost like Shabazz Palaces and The Bug. Amenamy is one of my usual test tracks for new equipment. Love the trap influence too

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #5,289 of 5,992
I don't understand the odd claims of the people that are against them.  The claim is the mids are just not there while they prefer flat music.  But any musician knows is that if add bass and significant highs at flat the mids will be easily drowned out because they do not travel as far. I don't understand how so many people miss this point.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #5,290 of 5,992
Quote:
Help!!!! I got my ultrasone pro 900 in the mail from amazon today and there is static in the left ear cup.  Is there something I could do or must I return them?  

Same thing happened to me, I had to send it in for an RMA repair. I think they had to re-solder the connection. Solid performance since the repair.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #5,291 of 5,992
Yeah, it became a huge ordeal with the person I bought them from.  It was a independent seller.  She said to ship them back to her and then said that there was nothing wrong with them.  So, she gave me the option of returning them to me or returning them for a return with twenty percent of the cost of the item that she would keep for her troubles.  I filed an a-z claim and got it all back since she had no right to do that.  Just another warning of buying from sellers like that.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #5,292 of 5,992
I got a friend of mine to buy these today, I was actually underwhelmed when I tried them out of an ipod but after some amping they really came alive! I was shocked at the sound stage to be honest, I thought it would be much smaller then it was. Overall I found these to great and the build quality was absolutely fantastic, I even thought they felt more solid then my Edition 8's!

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #5,293 of 5,992
Quote:
I really don't understand how some people can say that these sound fine out of an ipod.. lol what the hell are you listening to. The bass has no punch and everything just sounds weak like it's lost its life source.

I completely agree. It's night/ day difference when I try them out of my ipod. Well, I have to say they sound "fine", but still, the difference is big.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #5,294 of 5,992
Quote:
I got a friend of mine to buy these today, I was actually underwhelmed when I tried them out of an ipod but after some amping they really came alive! I was shocked at the sound stage to be honest, I thought it would be much smaller then it was. Overall I found these to great and the build quality was absolutely fantastic, I even thought they felt more solid then my Edition 8's!

What kind of amp do you have? I'm looking into an E11 or the new E12 that's coming out in March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back