Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #5,296 of 5,992
Just got my 900s today with some J$ pads that I barely managed to get on there but I have to say, the J$ pads are worth the money x10. Way better isolation and comfort. Can't comment on the sound just yet, still waiting to compare them to my 880's and to amp them! :)

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #5,298 of 5,992
Just got my 900s today with some J$ pads that I barely managed to get on there but I have to say, the J$ pads are worth the money x10. Way better isolation and comfort. Can't comment on the sound just yet, still waiting to compare them to my 880's and to amp them! :)

Congratz Ninja,

Wait til you plug them into the 11.32.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #5,299 of 5,992
Hey i have just ordered some 2nd hand pro 900's of ebay, because they are used im going to look into replacing the ear pads and was looking at some 70mm grey headphone cups on ebay will that be the correct size?

im not sure if the pads clip in or go around the cup and cant seem to finish the answer help.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #5,300 of 5,992
Quote:
Does anyone have both the PRO 900 and PRO 750 and would be willing to describe the differences between them?

Hey dev,

750s- better balance across the board, less low end, better mids and nice even tonal presentation.  I love 'em both though. 
beerchug.gif

Cheers!!!

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #5,302 of 5,992
Quote:
@HeatFan12,

Thanks!

Would you say that they differ at all in soundstage or instrument separation?

Soundstage the PRO900s get the edge, separation the nod goes to the 750s.  The bass on the 900s is sick....
eek.gif
 so the separation will suffer a tad, however they retain the speed.

I'm in the camp that all 'Sones provide great soundstage especially the closed models.  I am also on the 'all 'Sones bring something to the table, regardless of models' team.  Listening to the PRO550s now with the O2 and they are slammin'....

What genres do you listen to?

beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #5,303 of 5,992
Quote:

Soundstage the PRO900s get the edge, separation the nod goes to the 750s.  The bass on the 900s is sick....
eek.gif
 so the separation will suffer a tad, however they retain the speed.

I'm in the camp that all 'Sones provide great soundstage especially the closed models.  I am also on the 'all 'Sones bring something to the table, regardless of models' team.  Listening to the PRO550s now with the O2 and they are slammin'....

What genres do you listen to?

beerchug.gif

Thanks for the info!

I listen to a whole lot of genres but mainly indie and alternative and I also listen to a lot of electronic music (Modeselektor, Radiohead TKOL remixes for example but no dubstep or anything like that).

So you're saying the closed 'sones have better soundstage than the open models? I had assumed the opposite actually.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #5,304 of 5,992
Quote:

Thanks for the info!

I listen to a whole lot of genres but mainly indie and alternative and I also listen to a lot of electronic music (Modeselektor, Radiohead TKOL remixes for example but no dubstep or anything like that).

So you're saying the closed 'sones have better soundstage than the open models? I had assumed the opposite actually.

Sorry, no not at all.  What I mean is that the closed Ultrasones have great soundstage for being closed phones.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #5,305 of 5,992

Quote:

Sorry, no not at all.  What I mean is that the closed Ultrasones have great soundstage for being closed phones.

Ah, yes, that makes more sense.

Are you partial to the open models? Do they have significantly wider/deeper soundstages?

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #5,306 of 5,992
Quote:

Ah, yes, that makes more sense.

Are you partial to the open models? Do they have significantly wider/deeper soundstages?

I'm an Ultrasone freak so I'm partial to all of them...lol....
biggrin.gif

The two open models I own are the HFI-2200 & PRO2500.  The HFI-2200's soundstage presentation is awesome and it was voted the #1 headphone for movie watching in my household....
beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #5,307 of 5,992
Quote:

I'm an Ultrasone freak so I'm partial to all of them...lol....
biggrin.gif

The two open models I own are the HFI-2200 & PRO2500.  The HFI-2200's soundstage presentation is awesome and it was voted the #1 headphone for movie watching in my household....
beerchug.gif

Interesting. Very cool. I'd love to try out the open-back 'sones.

Thanks for all your help! Enjoy your many Ultrasones (I know you will). 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #5,310 of 5,992
Hi gang. New to the site and looking for some kickass headphones. I ordered a pair of 900's and they will be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to try them out. I am a little confused by the "S-Logic" thing. Is that some type of software/signal processing they do to the sound or are they talking about the unusual placement/angle of the Speaker Drivers? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back