Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #5,251 of 5,992
Quote:
I have been offered a pair of ultrasone pro 750 for £115,  do you think this is a good price?

They have quite a few scratches and marks but have been told its all cosmetic only.

That's less than half the price of a new pair. If the warranty doesn't matter to you and you're certain they work, sounds like a good price to me. Audio gear doesn't really lose value until its unseated by replacements. The PRO 750 is still in active production, and does not really have any marked improvements over the years, nor does it really have a replacement within its own lineup, so there's little reason for the price to be firesale levels :)

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #5,252 of 5,992
just bought a pair of these from a head-fier from Cali.

they come in tomrrow. I'm stoked

Edit: 
smily_headphones1.gif
 has anyone ever played doom and listened to death metal in these? 

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #5,253 of 5,992
Quote:
How do these cans compare to the HFI-580s?  Thoughts and feedback on this would be great!

Thanks!

A bit old but still relevant. 900s are in a different class than 580.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/538289/review-hfi-580-vs-pro-900-vs-dt770-pro-80-comparison

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #5,257 of 5,992
Quote:
My research is pretty much done and a purchase has been made, but how do you like them for metal? Any subgenres that excel particularly? Any that don't?  

Congratz CT,

Well, the subs I usually listen to are thrash, power, prog, nu.  From classic to recent.  Rocking Countdown To Extinction now getting ready for the Heat game...lol...

I'm an Ultrasone freak, so I love the 'Sones for metal.  The basslines on the PRO900s are sick.

What will you be plugging them into?

Cheers!!!

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #5,258 of 5,992
Quote:

Well, the subs I usually listen to are thrash, power, prog, nu.  From classic to recent.  Rocking Countdown To Extinction now getting ready for the Heat game...lol...

So you say they fare well for pretty much all subgenres? This is pretty important for me, because while I listen pretty much only to metal, my tastes within metal are incredibly versatile. 

Looking forward to how Protest the Hero in particular is going to sound with these cans... I'd really like to see those bass lines come alive. 

I'll be plugging them into an E7, my first amp (well besides the lacklustre E10).

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #5,259 of 5,992
Nice. If you want the basslines to come alive make sure you are listening to lossless. No lossy (mp3) formats with the 'Sones. I'm sure if you dropped the coin on the PRO900s that won't be an issue. Your audio chain is as strong as its weakest link.

Watch them open up after 100 hours.

Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #5,261 of 5,992
Help!!!! I got my ultrasone pro 900 in the mail from amazon today and there is static in the left ear cup.  Is there something I could do or must I return them?  

Make sure the cable is screwed in properly. Push in then screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #5,262 of 5,992
Yeah, I tried everything.  Different sources.  Both cables.  Many different songs.  Screwing in and out as you said.  Making sure it was not my ears by switching sides.  Hopefully the woman that I bought from on amazon will take them back.  I already bought its new replacement.  Same headphone.  I had my 750 and I loved them so I am not going to give up from one bad experience.  Wish me luck with the new pair.    

Jan 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #5,263 of 5,992
I think you will be glad you didn't give up.  These 900s have been great for me after 2 years.  One repair issue with the left speaker.  Ultrasone replaced the left driver and sent it back out to ship the same day.  No complaints as they were technically out of warranty.  1 year warranty I believe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back