Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #5,071 of 5,992
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/a/ultrasone-owner-s-guide-the-missing-manual

And since i had my E10 i noticed i wasn't plugging the headphone plug all the way into it, I figured it was just a weak headphone jack on the E10...pushed a little harder and the headphone plug clicks into place and is very secure...more secure then most headphone jacks.

No change in sound quality tho...weird.

Thank you, this was awesome. I definitely did it right this time, and now there's definitely no sound. Guess I'll return these...hrm

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #5,072 of 5,992
Quote:
Why are you getting the DT 880 and the DT 990?

Because they are awesome, but the dt 880 is a very transient and balanced can, it's a referance can really, I think it will do well for the Classical Vocal Jazz I have along with my Nu jazz, where as the Xb700 and Dt 990 are Bass head cans they are well mostly for EDM, 

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #5,073 of 5,992
Quote:
Thank you, this was awesome. I definitely did it right this time, and now there's definitely no sound. Guess I'll return these...hrm

That's such a shame...uhhg, you must of been pretty excited for them too?

Well if your returning them i think you should take this time to research some alternatives to the Pro 900's...

Denon AH-D2000
HiFi Man HE-400
M-Audio Q40
Beyerdynamic DT 990 32ohm

I am having doubts about these cans big time (I go them recently) It is mostly due to the sibilant highs, comfort of the headband, and the bass not being as impressive as i thought (Maybe i'm looking for sub-bass instead of mid-bass?)...leaning towards calling it a day and just getting the D2000's like i should have from the beginning instead of "trying my luck" with the Pro 900's

The funny thing is i knew about all of it's quirks before i bought them but got them anyways mostly out of fear i would be missing out on some "legendary" bass as they call it. I thought these things people were complaining about were no big deal..but i'm starting to feel like they are a big deal.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #5,074 of 5,992
Quote:
That's such a shame...uhhg, you must of been pretty excited for them too?

Well if your returning them i think you should take this time to research some alternatives to the Pro 900's...

Denon AH-D2000
HiFi Man HE-400
M-Audio Q40
Beyerdynamic DT 990 32ohm

I am having doubts about these cans big time (I go them recently) It is mostly due to the sibilant highs, comfort of the headband, and the bass not being as impressive as i thought (Maybe i'm looking for sub-bass instead of mid-bass?)...leaning towards calling it a day and just getting the D2000's like i should have from the beginning instead of "trying my luck" with the Pro 900's

The funny thing is i knew about all of it's quirks before i bought them but got them anyways mostly out of fear i would be missing out on some "legendary" bass as they call it. I thought these things people were complaining about were no big deal..but i'm starting to feel like they are a big deal.

I'd go with the M-Audio Q40's my self actually! But the D2000s r nice

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #5,075 of 5,992
Quote:
I'd go with the M-Audio Q40's my self actually! But the D2000s r nice

Yes, I was thinking about the M-Audio Q40's and realizing i would be saving a ton of money and getting something special at the same time.

But the D2000's just seem like a staple, like you can't go wrong, like your going to be happy with them no matter what.

Also the HE-400's...just fast transient response and different driver technology sounds really exciting...

Then the DT 990's...well similar to the Pro 900's mid bass but the question is does it have shrill highs?

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #5,077 of 5,992
Quote:
Better get the Denons D2000s now.  They'er going to be very hard to get a year from now.

Well that depends, they are doing new versions of them! The SOny XB series is getting remakes to, so do you get the old or w8 for the new? Although I'm getting the old XB1000, with the Denons [good quality] the new might genuiley be better, still though if u want d2k u better act now! 

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #5,078 of 5,992
Quote:
Well that depends, they are doing new versions of them! The SOny XB series is getting remakes to, so do you get the old or w8 for the new? Although I'm getting the old XB1000, with the Denons [good quality] the new might genuiley be better, still though if u want d2k u better act now! 

Shoot me a link..

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #5,079 of 5,992
Yeah that's the thing...There are new headphones being released all the time...the Denon D600 are supposed to be successors to the D2000 (I think) so it might be a good idea to wait till these headphones gain status before moving on...

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #5,080 of 5,992
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #5,081 of 5,992
Quote:

I don't trust Amazon anymore as far as stock....it's almost like they trick you into buying early because your like "OMG, 2 left instock in the ENTIRE world for ETERNITY!!! must buy now!!!" when in reality they always put the stock in batches it seems...very inaccurate and annoying. And also their prices fluctuate wildly...and your always afraid you will miss out on a deal and never get it at the current price if you don't ACT NOW!

True story...happened to me when buying the PRO 900, bought to early, wasn't completely satisfied with my research as far as alternatives.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #5,082 of 5,992
Quote:
I don't trust Amazon anymore as far as stock....it's almost like they trick you into buying early because your like "OMG, 2 left instock in the ENTIRE world for ETERNITY!!! must buy now!!!" when in reality they always put the stock in batches it seems...very inaccurate and annoying. And also their prices fluctuate wildly...and your always afraid you will miss out on a deal and never get it at the current price if you don't ACT NOW!

True story...happened to me when buying the PRO 900, bought to early, wasn't completely satisfied with my research as far as alternatives.

I guess the products I get from them usally stay the same price rather indefinatly, the pro 900's never went dwn and I had the link for em for like a year lol

but I don't really wanna use em for CAns honestly, Bhpaudiovideo would be my ideal spot, despite being 2-3% more expensive xD

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #5,083 of 5,992
BACK to using my Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset...man i love these...such a warm, laid back sound...so comfortable too. The shrill highs are no where to be found. I am sacrificing some clarity, punch and separation with these but they are just such a pleasing sound. The bass quantity is comparable to the PRO 900's also...love them.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-51MZ0310AA002-Fatal1ty-Headset/dp/B000RI397G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349408641&sr=8-3&keywords=fatal1ty+gaming+headset

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #5,084 of 5,992
Quote:
BACK to using my Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset...man i love these...such a warm, laid back sound...so comfortable too. The shrill highs are no where to be found. I am sacrificing some clarity, punch and separation with these but they are just such a pleasing sound. The bass quantity is comparable to the PRO 900's also...love them.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-51MZ0310AA002-Fatal1ty-Headset/dp/B000RI397G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349408641&sr=8-3&keywords=fatal1ty+gaming+headset

Try the Dt 990s I think you might enjoy them, I've been told the bass isn't as heavy with impact since it's an open can but it should be worth while! And sorry about the Pro 900s <3 it's a shame the apreciation thread has turned into the "High niche" Thread, some love the Pro 900s like some ppl love the XB series,  and trust me every one hates on the XBs except those of us who still own a pair xD

In the end though the Pro 900's r smexy! 

Also nice track I'm listening to in WAVE :O

Also just got the Fiio E11, I need to compare it to the cMoy tbh. As the cMoy is actually a little colored... which is well pretty bad! I need a rather "Cold and lean" amp to drive the dt 880 pro 250's... I might like colored more but that defeats the whole Transient idea of the Dt 880 set up <3, so in 2 weeks it'll b here and I'm sure I'll enjoy the color that will b added to the dt 880 although I'll b happy when it can get a colder leaner amp <3

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #5,085 of 5,992
One song that does sound incredible on the PRO 900 is this:

This song is both fast and punchy...something the PRO 900 does very well with it's quick transient response and empathized mid-bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back