Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #5,056 of 5,992
I remember the highs were harsh before when watching movies but now that they have disappeared they sound great.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #5,057 of 5,992
Man, people were right...this is a very weird headphone,

My impressions of it are constantly changing and conflicting but in some ways i am getting closer to exactly how i feel about them. Maybe in a week or so i'll narrow it down.

So far not good.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #5,059 of 5,992
Quote:
Man, people were right...this is a very weird headphone,

Yea it's wiredm that's why I'm nevering buying one... I got my XB700 loved it from day one, the only problem i have now is I've realized that the 1000 has better control which I enjoy more now then I used to but point being, it's not a consistent product!
Quote:
I think that two things are possible: or your headset is defective or you have defective ears.

Yea I'm sure it's the can, because the more I read about it the more negative feed back I find, the hype is GREAT but in reality the thing has some serious distorition... I'm going for the Dt 990 Pro 250's for my mid bass needs :/, and I'm getting my Dt 880s in a few hours I hope... if the 880s are HALF as much as I though they where then I'm sold on Beyerdynamic, but I love the consistant feed back you get with the Dt Series! 

Still though for PURE Mid bass SLAM, it does depend on the song, it depends on your amp as well. My 10 hours cMoy has less Sub bass than my 200+ Fiio E6 but the cMoy has much more Detail and mid bass, so trust me ur amp makes a differance! The Fiio is DARK as tar which suits Dub Step, but it's also a little muddy, that extra warmth degrades the quality, so I'd like a E17 for my Dark and Dirty Dubz <3 where as for mid bass, my cMoy 100%

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #5,060 of 5,992
Hey guys, could anyone help me out please?

I just bought a pair of 900s, these are my first headphones that aren't $20 pieces of crap so I've been really excited. But....when I plug the headphones in, the sound is extremely low quality, watery, changing back and forth between earbuds depending on how I twist the cable in the jack; needless to say, absolutely broken. I read a review on amazon that had something to do with "threading the wire in" or something, and an unboxing on youtube said something similar, but didn't tell me what it was about. Is there something I'm missing about this, or are these just defective?

Thanks

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #5,062 of 5,992
No, you don't understand, the sound is barely audible at all. There's absolutely 0 bass, it sounds like the headphone isn't plugged in all the way. When I use crappy $10 headphones the sound is incredible and full, but these just sound like they're half plugged in, you know? Or that I'm just using the wrong cable.

(yes I'm putting the right ends in)

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #5,068 of 5,992
Quote:
Well I tried "screwing" it in, and eventually it locked in place. I thought that was it, but when it's like that there's no sound at all. Either I'm doing something very right or very wrong.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ultrasone-owner-s-guide-the-missing-manual

Quote:
The secured-screw design of the cable reflects Ultrasone’s heritage in the studio and professional audio sectors, where maintaining connectivity under potentially adverse conditions is crucial for success. Since a simple plug-into-jack arrangement could easily pull free under stress, this threaded-connection serves to assure a secure interface.

So the first challenge facing any new Ultrasone user is to achieve the proper connection interface between the 3.5mm male-threaded plug on the upper cable and the corresponding female-threaded jack into the bottom of the left ear-cup.

PROline 2500 with detail of threaded 3.5mm cable plug and ear-cup jack

Of course, this can be easier said than done, since we have already seen quite a few instances of owners reporting sound dropouts, channel and tonal imbalances, and other intermittent behaviors with their recently acquired Ultrasones due to improperly connected cables.

Grasp the plug by the two flat, tapered flanges on either side of the plastic outer sleeve with the thumb and forefinger of one hand while holding the left ear-cup with the other. Align the plug with the jack and then push firmly inward just as you would any regular plug. As you feel the plug moving past the detent (catch), you will hear a solid “click”. The plug should now rest flush against the ear-cup of its own accord without any gap. Maintaining pressure toward the jack begin to rotate the plug clockwise. You should feel the threads engage and continue until reasonably tight (approximately 4 ½ rotations). Take care not to over-tighten.

And since i had my E10 i noticed i wasn't plugging the headphone plug all the way into it, I figured it was just a weak headphone jack on the E10...pushed a little harder and the headphone plug clicks into place and is very secure...more secure then most headphone jacks.

No change in sound quality tho...weird.

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #5,069 of 5,992
wow well once again Pro 900 users there are your woes! Sadly my Dt 880s came today, and I was not there to sign BUT alas tommorow the UPS comes again and I'll b here ALL DAY LONG

Still it's that issues ur discussing that has driven me to buy the Dt 990 for mid bass over the Pro 900... sorry to hear your having problems with it :/ for the price u paid u shouldn't be ethier! 

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #5,070 of 5,992
Quote:
wow well once again Pro 900 users there are your woes! Sadly my Dt 880s came today, and I was not there to sign BUT alas tommorow the UPS comes again and I'll b here ALL DAY LONG

Still it's that issues ur discussing that has driven me to buy the Dt 990 for mid bass over the Pro 900... sorry to hear your having problems with it :/ for the price u paid u shouldn't be ethier! 

Why are you getting the DT 880 and the DT 990?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back