Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #1,831 of 5,992
I ordered them directly from Ultrasone USA. If you want I can dig around and find my emails with the rep there.....

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #1,833 of 5,992
I found them on Ultrasone.com, under products>accessories. 

http://www.ultrasone.com/index.php/en/products/earpads.html

I'm PM'ing you the email chain I had with the rep. Maybe you can email her and inquire about ordering. I paid through Paypal, and they arrived somewhere around a week later. It wasn't too bad.

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #1,834 of 5,992
After so much um and ah-ing, I'm going to sell the 900's.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't appreciate it, and like everyone, its all about enjoying the MUSIC. I just couldn't enjoy the music that I want to hear on these phones. I still couldn't get over the recessed mids and airness that I am seeking. All my opinion of course.

So it will be up for sale here soon..

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #1,835 of 5,992
hi guys!

first post! :)

so i've been doing so much reading here lately its been doing my head in! first off i just want to say that i love everything about these out of the box. I came from the HD25-1 ii and to me these are a big improvement all round! the only thing that is troubling me is that it doesnt quite go as loud as i'd want it to compared to the hd25's.

The only thing i'm running these through is the NI audio 2 dj. Do you guys have any recommendations on an amp to just help out with the volume? I love everything about how these already sound and would wouldnt want to lose any of it, especially the bass! Hopefully more bass if it can.

I guess in the mean time i'll keep digging for anything or anyone in a similar scenario.

Cheers guys

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #1,836 of 5,992
Well to each their own. 
bigsmile_face.gif

I will also admit that I sort of agree with you. In fact, I went ahead and bought the Pro2900, hoping that they'll be smoother and airier.
I'm a sucker for soundstage and, while the pro900's is amazing for a closed phone, it often lacks air and feels somewhat congested, even with a recable...

Once the Pro2900 arrive, which should be soon, I'll A/B them and see which I prefer. I suppose I'll have to sell the loser... 
frown.gif

Perhaps, the pro2900 is what we're both looking for. I'll be sure to let you know. 
Quote:
After so much um and ah-ing, I'm going to sell the 900's.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't appreciate it, and like everyone, its all about enjoying the MUSIC. I just couldn't enjoy the music that I want to hear on these phones. I still couldn't get over the recessed mids and airness that I am seeking. All my opinion of course.

So it will be up for sale here soon..

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #1,837 of 5,992
Sounds good Leander and good luck with your journey on the 2900. I don't expect to buy so soon, so would like to hear your thoughts.

The Pro 900's are fantastic. They are miles better than the XB700 that I own. As I've grown a bit older (28yo) I find that my musical tastes have diversed from the normal D&B/Hip Hop, and so realistically I want something that's a bit more neutral. Heck, I'm starting to really dig Diana Krall.

I won't justify too much, but the bass q/q on the 900's is the best I've heard so far. I think for someone who is after arguably the best full size portable can for isolation and "boom-tiss" SQ, then the 900's are hard to beat. Way better than Beats cans mind you.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #1,838 of 5,992

Quote:
Sounds good Leander and good luck with your journey on the 2900. I don't expect to buy so soon, so would like to hear your thoughts.

The Pro 900's are fantastic. They are miles better than the XB700 that I own. As I've grown a bit older (28yo) I find that my musical tastes have diversed from the normal D&B/Hip Hop, and so realistically I want something that's a bit more neutral. Heck, I'm starting to really dig Diana Krall.

I won't justify too much, but the bass q/q on the 900's is the best I've heard so far. I think for someone who is after arguably the best full size portable can for isolation and "boom-tiss" SQ, then the 900's are hard to beat. Way better than Beats cans mind you.

im 31 and will listen to hip hop and drum n bass till i die. just saying everyone doesn't subscribe to that school of musical thought.

you should go hd650 or denon dXXXX line imo

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #1,839 of 5,992
Hey guys, I need your advice as I'm pretty much going desperate here.

My parents were in the US last week. I bought a Pro 900 from Amazon (Firemall seller) and had it shipped to them.
They arrived today and I tried my headphone.

The left side simply has no bass compared to the right one.
It's insane how different they sound.

I've been burning them in for the last 2 hours and didn't chance a thing.

Would you say it is defective?

Thanks
Stefano

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #1,841 of 5,992

Quote:
Is the jack definitely screwed in properly? Also, are the pads seated properly?

If neither of these things help then maybe it is faulty!

sell me your cable

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #1,843 of 5,992

Quote:
Lol I'm keeping it for purely aesthetic reasons and as a reminder for if/when I get the idea that recabling the LCD-2 might be worth it.

Can't you just order one from Drew directly?

well i was trying to get a deal! 

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #1,844 of 5,992
Lol fair enough, but I wouldn't sell it for a loss after the additional customs fee I had to pay on top of the total price already paid to Moon Audio. Spent so much on this piece of wire I feel I should keep it.

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #1,845 of 5,992

Quote:
Lol fair enough, but I wouldn't sell it for a loss after the additional customs fee I had to pay on top of the total price already paid to Moon Audio. Spent so much on this piece of wire I feel I should keep it.

so should i buy a edition 8 or a lcd?

i just bought hippo vb for $80, most bass EVA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back