Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
May 7, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #5,986 of 5,992
haha yeah, it was my first high end headphone too. I got it for around $250 on ebay at the time. Their second hand price kinda plummeted in 2016, after that you can easily get a pair for around $140. By the way, thomann.de now have the PRO900i for $133. Go look it up it's crazy.
Man that is brand new! Thanks for the info I picked up a pair.. oh lord, it's even got a 30 day money back guarantee. Time to walk down memory lane. I'm very curious how it'll perform with my current gear selection.. a MASSIVE step away from the Essence STX and Fiio E11+Modded Galaxy S I was using back in the day.

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #5,987 of 5,992
Man that is brand new! Thanks for the info I picked up a pair.. oh lord, it's even got a 30 day money back guarantee. Time to walk down memory lane. I'm very curious how it'll perform with my current gear selection.. a MASSIVE step away from the Essence STX and Fiio E11+Modded Galaxy S I was using back in the day.
Your welcome man, that price is indeed NUTZ. It's not a flash deal either, been the same price for a month!

May 13, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #5,988 of 5,992
Wow! Glad to see this thread still getting some love. I purchased mine in 2010 or 2011 and they are still going strong.

Cheers!

Vali 2+ & Tung Sol 6BZ8 & Ultrasone PRO900 (3).jpg

Attachments

• Vali 2+ & Tung Sol 6BZ8 & Ultrasone PRO900 (3).jpg
    Vali 2+ & Tung Sol 6BZ8 & Ultrasone PRO900 (3).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #5,989 of 5,992
Had my pro 900i for a while. They are quite like I remembered them. Initially I was awed by the comfort because I gotten so used to heavy woodies and magneplanars as of late though I realize in the long run there is quite some pressure to the ears instead.

As for sound quality quite low fi tbh but now I am comparing primarily against a headphone that litterary cost way more then 10x as much and thus in a bang for buck sense is quite questionable :D I would rate Pro 900i quite low in my headphone stable but still have this magic presentation for piano and do kind of entertainthough the bass quality is very average though large in quantity and there is not much shining in the mid range or treble either. But it just have that emotion somehow while being quite cold which seems contradictory. Don´t understand how it works but I get stories listening to chopin which on many other headphones just hurt the ears and is quite booring. Main thing is the titanium drivers don´t move so they hit firm and short decay which suite percussive instruments but not so much string instruments I suspect.

Yet to do KeeS mod I am just to lazy at the moment.

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #5,990 of 5,992
I still use my 900 for DJing purposes, but. I remembered these were so sibilant when I first used them back in 2013. In fact I still think they still are, but I just love the rumbling sub bass. I haven't gotten the chance to do the Kees mod, but all those pictures from the past are all dead, does anyone have the steps on how to do it and pics? Is it suppose to help out the recessed mids?

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #5,991 of 5,992
Just got a pro900 through local fb market. per earlier thread I think this is a revision 3.
Setup - Apple music - iphone - dongle.
Music - 80% metal, 20% rock/electronic/classical
  • Clear, quick, and punchy bass, as expected. Really good drums. Sometimes remind me of my HE6.
  • I think this can benefited from more amp - right now I only have an iphone dongle available.
  • The highs are a bit harsh - likely due to my crap amp - it plays guttural sound like Dying Fetus really well, but for Cryptopsy the fatigue catches up really quick.
  • Despite it is a closed back headphone, personnally I would not recommend it for outdoor use. The bass get drowned out easily on the street/public transportation.
  • Surprisingly good for orchestra work. Not wide sound stage by any means but the instrument layering is good. The bass again shines.
Some other comment - I think in a crappy amp/portable situation, I may choose my proline 750 over this, simply because of the highs.

Anyone have a good dongle recommendation?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #5,992 of 5,992
Just got a pro900 through local fb market. per earlier thread I think this is a revision 3.
Setup - Apple music - iphone - dongle.
Music - 80% metal, 20% rock/electronic/classical
  • Clear, quick, and punchy bass, as expected. Really good drums. Sometimes remind me of my HE6.
  • I think this can benefited from more amp - right now I only have an iphone dongle available.
  • The highs are a bit harsh - likely due to my crap amp - it plays guttural sound like Dying Fetus really well, but for Cryptopsy the fatigue catches up really quick.
  • Despite it is a closed back headphone, personnally I would not recommend it for outdoor use. The bass get drowned out easily on the street/public transportation.
  • Surprisingly good for orchestra work. Not wide sound stage by any means but the instrument layering is good. The bass again shines.
Some other comment - I think in a crappy amp/portable situation, I may choose my proline 750 over this, simply because of the highs.

Anyone have a good dongle recommendation?
Depends on your budjet, some of the good dongles that match well with my ultrasone are Lootoo paw S1/2, Cayin Ru/6/7, L&P W2/4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back