Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #5,914 of 5,992

Thanks! 

Reason i was asking this question is because Adorama shows the 900i with old headband. So was confused if there is a version of 900i out there with the old headband

Always look for the official web page to get the correct answer
http://www.ultrasone.audio/en/products/pro/pro-900

In this case I suggest you email them to confirm it is the new version or not. Old version is not worth that much.

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #5,916 of 5,992
Thanks. I received mine today and it has the new headband.
Earpads are not as premium as i expected, i was expecting Beyer/AKG velours. Ultrasone feels slightly cheaper

Oh, without having touched them, I actually imagined that the quality of the earpads is even better than AKG or Beyer. 

You can also use non-velour and even HM5 if you want to 

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #5,917 of 5,992
Beyer or AkG velours are more soft cloth type
Ultrasone feels slightly plasticky velour type (like Samson SR950,Sennheiser HD439) although not as bad as those

Build quality is very good; even though totally made of plastic, its very sturdy and well put together

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #5,918 of 5,992
They was my first headphones for over 100 dollars, I mainly bought it for being complimented with electronic music.

. They were well detailed and crisp with extra bass, the method of acoustics with s logic and metal sheet does not really drift with music the way a normal headphone would've. I think it makes it a very unnatural effect that critical, especially traditional headphone obsessors dislike.

For example, Sony V6 an apple, Sennheiser a watermelon, AKG a pear but pro 900 is like a berry fruit that doesn't suffice the stomach due to small wee wee syndrome. appetite not enticed, that's where fostex t20rp modded sounds a lot more earlaxing, it being like a half boiled potato. Where if I tried using pro 900 berries, it would be a shrewd drink or placed in deserts

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #5,919 of 5,992
Wow man.. wow... I just hope nobody pays north of $200 for these anymore.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #5,921 of 5,992
I like them, for certain purposes.. sold them a while back and do miss them as the synergy was good on one of my setups however, these cans are nowhere near worth $500.

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #5,922 of 5,992
I like them, for certain purposes.. sold them a while back and do miss them as the synergy was good on one of my setups however, these cans are nowhere near worth $500.

I am not sure how cans worth 500$ should sound like... I prefer Meze 99 Classics over nighthawks for example, so I'm not sure how 500$ headphones would sound like. Senn HD600 is around 350$ or so nowadays as well, so it is really hard to tell anymore.

What I would be curious is how would a better pair of closed headphones sound like.

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #5,923 of 5,992
I am not sure how cans worth 500$ should sound like... I prefer Meze 99 Classics over nighthawks for example, so I'm not sure how 500$ headphones would sound like. Senn HD600 is around 350$ or so nowadays as well, so it is really hard to tell anymore.

What I would be curious is how would a better pair of closed headphones sound like.
No, no way. I dislike this because of toooooo high treble extension and no mids!

Jun 13, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #5,924 of 5,992
No, no way. I dislike this because of toooooo high treble extension and no mids!

Oh, okay. Good to keep in mind!

I haven't really heard pro900 before so I literally don't know what is going on. Some people rave its bass and some say that its treble is very good, but I guess that this will vary with everyone's expectations.

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #5,925 of 5,992
Oh, okay. Good to keep in mind!

I haven't really heard pro900 before so I literally don't know what is going on. Some people rave its bass and some say that its treble is very good, but I guess that this will vary with everyone's expectations.
Want bass, go for fostex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back