Ultrasone Pro 900 Balanced
Dec 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #16 of 18
Sorry for the bump.

But I was doing some searching on the interwebs about headphones and what not, and so I came across these bad-ass headphones on iHeadphones.

http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/ultrasone-pro-900-balanced.html

Now this was the first time I saw the PRO 900's with this type of modification and I gotta say, it looks quite impressive. They are now going for 350 pounds aswell, which aint that expensive at all so they look fairly interesting to me.
But I don't realy know what to expect from this? I'm not realy an audio expert so could any1 perhaps tell me what exactly the difference is between regular headphone cabeling and balanced? How great will the difference be in the sound quality?

Is there any1 here that has these or has had experience with these or other balanced headphones?

edit: Also just noticed that the cabels are detacheble and that they come with stereo plugged cables... which make 'em even more interesting.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #18 of 18
If anybody interested here is some photos of XLRs from the cable of balanced 900. I got them B stock, so i don't know if they been mess about or that's the way they're comming from the factory. Photos aren't great, but vissible. What yous think about that fine soldering 
job?

And that's how the cable looks like detached.

I found three cables inside one - BLACK - connected, BLUE connected, and there is another RED one disconnected - the question is why would they pack 3 cables in one sleeve and leave one blind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back