Ultrasone Pro 2900 Thread
Sep 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #361 of 421
Maybe you saved 277 €........

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #362 of 421

Only fools think they can predict the future, so you shouldn't blame yourself too hard :wink:

Just get the Signature instead :wink:

thanks for your compassion  
biggrin.gif

but i'm still very mad about it... seriously, 277 euros for a brand new pro 2900, that's ridiculous.
i have no doubt that the Signature DJ is a headphone of the highest calibre but 800 euros (about $1000, yeah 1000!) for a white plastic closed can that almost looks like a gas-station can for teenies seems a bit too much imo...
why the heck did they name it "DJ" anyway? DJs are neither rich nor audiophiles
biggrin.gif

i know my question is "ApplesVsOranges"ish, but would you say the 2900 is superior to the Senn HD 600?

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #364 of 421
They are totally different. The HD 650 is very balanced and has a treble rolloff that is good for many but veiled for others. The PRO 2900 has more bass and more treble. And the treble are sibilant for many, some appreciate them. Ihad both in paralell for some month. Compared directly, the HD 650 sound a little anemic first but more refined. The Signature PRO sounds like a much faster HD 650 to me. It has similar levels of bass, mids and treble, but sounds more alive. The SIG DJ is the same, but adds a phenomenal bass. And it looks much better in person as on most pictures. Hope this helps.

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #365 of 421
They are totally different. The HD 650 is very balanced and has a treble rolloff that is good for many but veiled for others. The PRO 2900 has more bass and more treble. And the treble are sibilant for many, some appreciate them. Ihad both in paralell for some month. Compared directly, the HD 650 sound a little anemic first but more refined. The Signature PRO sounds like a much faster HD 650 to me. It has similar levels of bass, mids and treble, but sounds more alive. The SIG DJ is the same, but adds a phenomenal bass. And it looks much better in person as on most pictures. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the compariosn - I really like that you compared them to the HD650. Makes me want the Sig Pro :D

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #366 of 421

haha..., is the 2900 that bad compared to the DJ?
now that the 2900 is 389 euros, would you say it is overpriced?

I do not want to discredit the PRO 2900. But yes the SIG DJ and also the SIG PRO are that much better, Btw, I got the DJ for 550 € new on Ebay and the SIG PRO for 700 € used on Amazon. I always try to save some money by buying second hand. But it takes some patience.......
Tonight is SIG PRO time:
Supertramp remastered CD Brother Where You Bound some great bass lines on this album Ipod classic lod > Fiio E12 low gain Wow again and again

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #367 of 421

Thanks for the compariosn - I really like that you compared them to the HD650. Makes me want the Sig Pro :D

I will probably keep both Signatures as voices seem to be a little better on the SIG PRO like Rick Davies from Supertramp right now....

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #368 of 421
I do not want to discredit the PRO 2900. But yes the SIG DJ and also the SIG PRO are that much better, Btw, I got the DJ for 550 € new on Ebay and the SIG PRO for 700 € used on Amazon. I always try to save some money by buying second hand. But it takes some patience.......
Tonight is SIG PRO time:
Supertramp remastered CD Brother Where You Bound some great bass lines on this album Ipod classic lod > Fiio E12 low gain Wow again and again

Thank u very much for all your precious infos, really.

I will take my time: the pro 2900, the highly neutral hd 600 or maybe sony mdr-ma500? the über-expensive Signature won't make it (800 euros is definitely too much imo).

Anyway, i want an open hp with GREAT bass (clean, textured, impactfull, with a visceral rumble, fun, pacefull, that wows me). A step ahead of the already excellent Superlux HD681 that i own and love.

Btw, i was talking about the Senn 600 (not the 650), which is supposed to be less (or not) veiled, more neutral, natural, and detailed.
HD 650 is exactly what i don't want (i sold my Fidelio X1 after one week and couldn't believe how much i hated its "Dark Vader" signature). For a lot of people HD 600 is still the best Senn after the 800 and that is really intriguing/appealing. Who doesn't want a classic timeless flagship in his quiver? only question is: does the 600's bass hit hard... i bet not since it is known for its hardcore neutrality.

But wait... do i really need i new HP? and why? Mmmhhh.. guess i need a shot... Classic... :wink:)

PS: i saw supertramp in Basel in St-Jakob. i was a kid and cant remember if it was in 1983 or 84? Anyway, it was great (joe cocker did the opening and he was drunk, lol). at that time, supertramp was one of the most famous english band and was cherished by critics, which is not the case today. Their best albums were considered as classics albums, but for some reason aren't recognized as such anymore.

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #369 of 421
Sep 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #370 of 421
PS: i saw supertramp in Basel in St-Jakob. i was a kid and cant remember if it was in 1983 or 84? Anyway, it was great (joe cocker did the opening and he was drunk, lol). at that time, supertramp was one of the most famous english band and was cherished by critics, which is not the case today. Their best albums were considered as classics albums, but for some reason aren't recognized as such anymore.

That times where my glory days. Had them on vinyl and had a decent stereo rig. I dig them since their records where released. I also like Pink Floyd a lot, but none of the Floyds has a really good voice for live appearance, and Supertramp had two very good voices... But I never saw the live on stage.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #372 of 421
You might want to check again, it is 450 pounds as per today.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #373 of 421

Tonight is SIG PRO time:

How much do you think Sig Pro can be better than Pro900/2900? I use my Pro900 (now Pro2900) to make beats but considering upgrading to Sig pro and flip out my Pro900/2900 twin-cans.

Always enjoys the sound sonic of Pro900/2900 but transparency and detail are my priority.

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #374 of 421
All I can say from memory is that I liked the Signature Pro better than the PRO 2900 / 900 in every aspect. It is like Ultrasone did everything right with this can. And for the ones who require more high quality bass volume they introduced the Signature DJ a few month later.
  1. Sig Pro = perfectly neutral balanced
  2. Sig Dj = perfectly basshead balanced without scarifying the rest of the spectrum

Both have slightly rolled off treble for endless no fatiguing listening sessions, for professionals or for HeadFiers.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back