Ultrasone IQ
Nov 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #32 of 163
Thinking about getting one of these, so if anyone can post their impressions would be nice.

Im more concerned about the metal fit/feel, single BA in terms of detailling, and how is the bass, since it is using neo magnet driver just for the bass, which probably needs burn-in.

And plonking down so much for an IEM.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #33 of 163
*on second thought, deleted*

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #34 of 163
Quote:
Thinking about getting one of these, so if anyone can post their impressions would be nice.
Im more concerned about the metal fit/feel, single BA in terms of detailling, and how is the bass, since it is using neo magnet driver just for the bass, which probably needs burn-in.
And plonking down so much for an IEM.

Fit isn't that great...  It's not as bad as I put it, but it's still like sticking squares into your ears :frowning2:  Housings are quite large, so bigger ears will find it more comfortable than small ones.

As for the bass, it's extremely tight and fast.  It has good texturing and depth as well, although that's not its focus.  I really didn't have any problem with the bass. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #35 of 163
Thanks for the reply, I had a look at the comparison picture with the 4R it does seem the housing is massive (lols) 4R housing fit was good and comfortable, this square shape.. humm not really sure at the moment.

http://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/data/attachment/forum/201211/12/170549854z936363fv3v4e.jpg

http://www.phileweb.com/news/photo/d-av/318/31863/IQ-recable.jpg
And this picture shows it is also huge in the width.

I think it depends on the nozzle now.. if it is long enough.. :p Does it insert as deep.

Fit isn't that great...  It's not as bad as I put it, but it's still like sticking squares into your ears :frowning2:  Housings are quite large, so bigger ears will find it more comfortable than small ones.

As for the bass, it's extremely tight and fast.  It has good texturing and depth as well, although that's not its focus.  I really didn't have any problem with the bass. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #36 of 163
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I had a look at the comparison picture with the 4R it does seem the housing is massive (lols) 4R housing fit was good and comfortable, this square shape.. humm not really sure at the moment.
http://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/data/attachment/forum/201211/12/170549854z936363fv3v4e.jpg
http://www.phileweb.com/news/photo/d-av/318/31863/IQ-recable.jpg
And this picture shows it is also huge in the width.
I think it depends on the nozzle now.. if it is long enough.. :p Does it insert as deep.

Yes, housings are quite thick indeed :p  I'll have pictures of the nozzles soon.  I can compare with the 4R.  Please wait for pictures to upload.  I apologize for photo quality in advance, poor lighting :p

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #38 of 163
Thanks, it seems long enough to fit okay on my middish ears. From the pictures it is only a tiny bit width wise bigger than the 4R.. Lols makes for an interesting decision making. And shorter in overall housing length?

Kinda interested in getting my next generation to replace my TF10 + Lune cable (which is cutting in and out sound wise). Thanks for the insights.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #40 of 163
Just saw a 350 price drop on the IQ, doubt this would help them sell what seems to be an IEM with a 300 dollar sound signature.

i had a look at several, Westone 4R i have listened, didn't really like it "that much" it was clean, nice separation and all, but the texture of the bass unsettles me abit, never have i heard such bass tones so clearly, i think i rather have quantity.

Another is the UE 900. but thats run by Logitech these days... I also failed in finding a nice iPhone control cable for my UE TF10 with Silver. So might ended up getting the 800-900 ish ultrasone :p

Also does the sound really is worth only $300? like the UE700? hehe.. well with abit better bass.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #41 of 163
Quote:
i had a look at several, Westone 4R i have listened, didn't really like it "that much" it was clean, nice separation and all, but the texture of the bass unsettles me abit, never have i heard such bass tones so clearly, i think i rather have quantity.
Another is the UE 900. but thats run by Logitech these days... I also failed in finding a nice iPhone control cable for my UE TF10 with Silver. So might ended up getting the 800-900 ish ultrasone :p
Also does the sound really is worth only $300? like the UE700? hehe.. well with abit better bass.

You can only for yourself, we all have different taste in audio. By the way since you are in Australia you can get the IQ for 599 from addicted to audio. They also have the tio on sale for 300, I am thinking of buying that. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #42 of 163
You can only for yourself, we all have different taste in audio. By the way since you are in Australia you can get the IQ for 599 from addicted to audio. They also have the tio on sale for 300, I am thinking of buying that. 

Yeah i know about that, but unfortunately i can't buy it straight away, hoping to grab some extra TRS.. I'll be getting (if the price is still that) on 28th.. So if there is still stock on that day... lols... by all means go for it if you want.

Lols im just risking it abit just for that extra $60 saving... lols

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #43 of 163
Darn price jumped to $699 (on the night of 26th). oh well still a $69 saving regardless due to TRS.. That's probably about right for this, only a really hardcore Ultrasone fanboy would buy it :p lols that would be $1600 spend on Ultrasones (over 4 years so not a lot). lols

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #45 of 163
Quote:
Hmm I wonder how the TIOs will be like? Anyone seen reviews for it? (yes I googled!)

$300 for a single driver.. hmm it looks really good though and I am quite tempted

Yeah addicated to audio still have it for that price. Probably carries the same BA driver as the IQ. the 106db sensitivity is actually quiet low for an IEM. Impedance is normal.

I'll get my IQ on 29 or 30th. Yeah i haven't being able to find anything about the TIO, apart from that Japanese shop's video. She said it was nice, lols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back