Ultrasone IQ
Oct 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #16 of 163
Quote:
About 2/3s of the way through this video, she discusses the IQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gOFBqjhIXo

I think that it looks pretty nice. The pre-order price is around $900 at Fujiya Avic.

That is one beautiful woman! And she says Ethiopian sheep leather. :D

BTW, she says that the leather basically soaks up the sweat, so none comes to the driver. Isn't that going to let the pads be less hygienic?

Sadly the price of the IQ is so high that I cannot afford to buy it now.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #17 of 163
Quote:

That is one beautiful woman! And she says Ethiopian sheep leather. :D

BTW, she says that the leather basically soaks up the sweat, so none comes to the driver. Isn't that going to let the pads be less hygienic?

She does not win high marks for making that sound attractive.

I prefer pads like these that breathe. She could say it better as I just did.  :)

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #19 of 163
Quote:

She does not win high marks for making that sound attractive.

I prefer pads like these that breathe. She could say it better as I just did.  :)

Yep leatherpads are very nice. One interesting fact is that the ESW10 have leatherpads and the ES10 don't, eventhough the ES10 sound a little better and are more expensive... (just some blabla as sidefact)

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #21 of 163
Any review/impression on this thing yet?

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #23 of 163
Quote:
Any review/impression on this thing yet?

My loaner delivered (according to UPS) today.  I'll be heading home tomorrow night to test them out :)  Any requests for anything to compare to in the coming weeks...

Running list so far (what I'm going to do automatically)
  1. Phonak PFE232
  2. Westone W4R
  3. Logitech Ultimate Ears UE 900
  4. Heir Audio 4.Ai
  5. Heir Audio 3.Ai (if they are V-shaped)

Let me know if there is anything else anyone wants.  As always, I will be doing a full review (on a separate blog that I write for).

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #24 of 163
Quote:

My loaner delivered (according to UPS) today.  I'll be heading home tomorrow night to test them out :)  Any requests for anything to compare to in the coming weeks...

Running list so far (what I'm going to do automatically)
  1. Phonak PFE232
  2. Westone W4R
  3. Logitech Ultimate Ears UE 900
  4. Heir Audio 4.Ai
  5. Heir Audio 3.Ai (if they are V-shaped)

Let me know if there is anything else anyone wants.  As always, I will be doing a full review (on a separate blog that I write for)Thanks,.

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #25 of 163
Lookie what we have here... 

​

No detailed sound impression yet.  They are more of a V-shape though, but treble happy rather than bass heavy.  That's all for now.  Oh yeah, the housings are large, much larger than I expected.  And squares aren't really natural to the ear.  Now that's all for now :wink:

Nov 16, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #27 of 163
I've put my impressions in a different when I auditioned these at the Headzone from NAS'12 UK. Here's the link.

"These are targeted straight at IE800s in my opinion. And this is the first time Ultrasone have made their way into IEM territory. Bass is comparable to IE800s and that's about it. Mids are quite recessed and highs are terrible. If you remember other HFI/Proline range from the past these are pretty much comparable to their signature. They sound like scraping metal of some surface. I myself have the signature pros and consider them to be the only Ultrasones that could compete with other highend headphones from other manufacturers. It might sound harsh but I wouldn't even pay £100 for these. Get UE700s and save your money. If you like these then you must be a hardcore fan for the Ultrasone brand. If you really want to spend £700 then get the Signature Pros which are way more decent compared to these."

Best Regards

Ven

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #29 of 163
Quote:
Lookie what we have here... 

​

No detailed sound impression yet.  They are more of a V-shape though, but treble happy rather than bass heavy.  That's all for now.  Oh yeah, the housings are large, much larger than I expected.  And squares aren't really natural to the ear.  Now that's all for now :wink:

Nailed it! Of course, it's Ultrasone's house sound signature. Sounds like an overpriced dud from other reviewers' impressions. Hmm...not the first time Ultrasone has done this.

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #30 of 163
Quick updates for a short first impression...  This is what the Phonak upper-midrange should have sounded like...  It's clear, dominant, and powerful.  The bass quantity is about the level of the W4 (ever so slightly less) towards the low-mid bass.  It rolls off earlier than the 4 though.  The highs...  Well, let's put it this way.  I didn't find the B2s too sibilant (for my tastes anyway)...  These are sibilant, annoyingly so. 

This is all I'll be saying until comparisons come early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back