Ultrasone IQ
Sep 5, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #153 of 163
haven't tested IQ but reckon is more bass heavy and probably less suitable for rock / metal (IQ Pro more mid centric with adequate bass when called for) but this is up to anyone's personal preference

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #155 of 163
hi

I tried to use may Linum cables with the IQ, but they don´t fit the IQs, can someone recomend me a replacement cable that fits the IQs

May 22, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #156 of 163
hllo
which BA driver does Ultrasone use for the iQ IEM? Your own development is unlikely, isn't it? The resolution is surprisingly good for a single BA hybrid. The iQ is from 2012 and today many brands try to achieve a good resolution with 4, 6 or 10 drivers, but this rarely works.
greets jens

Jun 3, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #157 of 163
Can't understand yet that the IQ (not pro!) gets so little attention here. A big mistake from Ultrasone was the accessories! Without the Triple Flange Tips, the IQ just sounds terribly sizzling.
But with Shure or Etymotic Triple Eartips, the IQ is still a fantastic IEM in 2021. The last few months I heard with an AF1120 (I got cheap on the used market). And I had the opportunity to hear the SE846 on a test tour in Germany. The IQ beats both without any problems. In my avatar you can see the IQ (I paid less than 200 €) with Etymotic Tri-Flange Tips (shortened stem). With these tips, the IQ sits super comfortably for hours.
The isolation is very good for a hybrid IEM. The bass is amazingly nimble and mids / highs on the same level. No harman target curve.
There is no hissing (which the measurement also shows). Good resolution for a 1BA / 1DD setup.
Spatiality is more broad than deep, but if the music demands it, a good gradation of depth can also be achieved. For an even bigger stage there is probably no stronger dip in the frequency response at 5-6kHz ?!
If Ultrasone had equipped its IQ with a more ergonomic case, this model would definitely have many, many more fans, and the thread here would be very long with many comparisons to significantly more expensive IEMs.
The amazing thing is the clear bass that is such a mixture of BA & DD. Clean, fast but also musically, not too clinically boring.
The drivers were designed by Ultrasone and a manufacturer (I got it in response to a request from support). The name of the driver manufacturer was not mentioned. 2012 certainly Sonion, Knowles or Syd Audio. Just a guess from me.

I encourage everyone to try the IQ with Triple Eartips. In the meantime the price has fallen - certainly also because of the many people who were annoyed by the bad tips and the hissing sound ... if you fool that, of course you won't buy. Ultrasone should add triple flange tips to the scope of delivery.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #158 of 163
I am a happy owner of the IQ, I use them with silicone tips, or with the Shure foam tips, I like the sound with both tips, and I agree in your appreciation of the IQs. I will get triple ear tips, and try with them.

My only problem that I have with the IQ is that they don´t work with other cables like the Linum or ALO, there is a problem with the connectors

Jun 8, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #159 of 163
Hello. yes unfortunately this is not a normal standard mmcx connection.
i have several mmcx cables. none fits the iq. Either too loose or too tight. however, the cables from ultrasone are of very good quality. with sennheiser ie900 or other brands, you often read bad things about the cables supplied.
i'm wondering if otoplasty can make sense because i paid so little for the iq. so it might be worth it. in germany there is a provider who also has the iq in its range.
www.scheinhardt.de
here is an example of the IQ.
ultrasone-iq.jpg

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #160 of 163
Hello. yes unfortunately this is not a normal standard mmcx connection.
i have several mmcx cables. none fits the iq. Either too loose or too tight. however, the cables from ultrasone are of very good quality. with sennheiser ie900 or other brands, you often read bad things about the cables supplied.
i'm wondering if otoplasty can make sense because i paid so little for the iq. so it might be worth it. in germany there is a provider who also has the iq in its range.
www.scheinhardt.de
here is an example of the IQ.
ultrasone-iq.jpg
I also have the same concern, I like the IQ, but it is difficult to get replacement cables for them, and especially if you need a balanced cable

Sep 9, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #161 of 163
I've had the DX120 for a week and use the original symmetrical cable from Ultrasone (was included with the used IQ - crazy, because this cable costs over € 200 at Ultrasone - but I paid less than € 200 for the IQ and both cables).
The sound is fantastic, very vivid and high-resolution. Great stage, rich defined bass, also sub bass! crystal clear highs without sibilants! And wonderful mids. I was lucky with the cable because I wouldn't have bought one for over € 200.
I got to try the Se846 and IE300 (and other high-priced models), but the IQ beats them ALL! The secret remains to find the right eartips - for me it's the Shure Triple Tips. Incredible that there are no friends of the IQ here, one of the biggest misunderstandings in the IE area.
Are there no aftermark cables for the IQ? There must be cables that fit on this MMCX port?

Sep 9, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #162 of 163
I've had the DX120 for a week and use the original symmetrical cable from Ultrasone (was included with the used IQ - crazy, because this cable costs over € 200 at Ultrasone - but I paid less than € 200 for the IQ and both cables).
The sound is fantastic, very vivid and high-resolution. Great stage, rich defined bass, also sub bass! crystal clear highs without sibilants! And wonderful mids. I was lucky with the cable because I wouldn't have bought one for over € 200.
I got to try the Se846 and IE300 (and other high-priced models), but the IQ beats them ALL! The secret remains to find the right eartips - for me it's the Shure Triple Tips. Incredible that there are no friends of the IQ here, one of the biggest misunderstandings in the IE area.
Are there no aftermark cables for the IQ? There must be cables that fit on this MMCX port?
I agree, I like me IQs, I bought them in 2014, and they are one of my preferred iems, but I haven’t found cables that fit them, their MMCX are not standard

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #163 of 163
Pretty sure the IQ's mmcx is standard, and i have easily bought a null-audio cable, and now i have my Campfire Mammoth cable (this reminds me i should try the lune to the bass heavy mammoth to "tame it).

the mmcx that has a notch and not standard is my Etys ER4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back