UltraSone HIFI 680 VS HIFI 580?
Feb 27, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #31 of 45
I've heard mixed reviews about the comfort level. Some say they hurt and the pleather isn't very comfortable, while others say they are in fact comfortable.

I've actually had a few recommendations for the Sure SRH-840's so you should take a look into those as well if you get the chance. Personally, I think they look kind of ugly so I'm leaning more towards the 580/DJ1's.

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #32 of 45

Quote:LOL, looks like we have the same thoughts ;D. So 680 isn't good, then 580=Cheapest one lol
I've heard mixed reviews about the comfort level. Some say they hurt and the pleather isn't very comfortable, while others say they are in fact comfortable.

I've actually had a few recommendations for the Sure SRH-840's so you should take a look into those as well if you get the chance. Personally, I think they look kind of ugly so I'm leaning more towards the 580/DJ1's.

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #33 of 45
Lol...It's great to see all this debate for Ultrasones.  It has been awhile.....Cheers to all...
beerchug.gif

The 680s are good, as well as the 580s and also the 780s with a re-cable (I love 'em stock too).  Like I wrote in post #2 (the 780s were not part of the debate).  Un-amped the 580s.  Amped the 680s....It is more balanced than the other two.  And, I have yet to listen to an Ultrasone that the bass was tame....lol

And yes, I own all three (580, 680 & 780)(2 pairs of 780s), however not stock.  All 4 have been re-cabled...

Go Ultrasones....

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #34 of 45

Quote:pleather.... Sigh, it seems a lot of people hate it and it doesn't get comfy........ So hard to choose a headphone that's comfortable, I think my heads big.... Is the Beyer 880 which is freaking expensive worth it/770? or....... something like a Denon D-1100? I don't know, I really wonder how a denon sounds like, i'm sure it's not pleather but foam. So for the Final Decision, decide for me, yes including comfortability for a big head.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #35 of 45
Lol...It's great to see all this debate for Ultrasones.  It has been awhile.....Cheers to all...
beerchug.gif

The 680s are good, as well as the 580s and also the 780s with a re-cable (I love 'em stock too).  Like I wrote in post #2 (the 780s were not part of the debate).  Un-amped the 580s.  Amped the 680s....It is more balanced than the other two.  And, I have yet to listen to an Ultrasone that the bass was tame....lol

And yes, I own all three (580, 680 & 780)(2 pairs of 780s), however not stock.  All 4 have been re-cabled...

Go Ultrasones....

The 780 is definitely more balanced compared to the 580, and I can see how someone wouldn't like the 580. I definitely prefer a less aggressive sound now and I would probably find them fatiguing too. The 580 is a good fun phone, but i would prefer having a more refined headphone too.

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #36 of 45

Quote:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif  

The 780 is definitely more balanced compared to the 580, and I can see how someone wouldn't like the 580. I definitely prefer a less aggressive sound now and I would probably find them fatiguing too. The 580 is a good fun phone, but i would prefer having a more refined headphone too.

Absolutely, in reference to the balance when it comes to the 580s.  It is a very fun phone.  However, the 680s are more balanced than the 580s and 780s.  It does not overpower any of the spectrum.  I also own the HFI-700s and that one is a mix of the 780s bass and the 680s mids...

I love Ultrasones...Go Heat..!

They sucked tonight against the Knicks though...great game Melo...

beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #37 of 45

Quote:Do you think these are scams?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasone-HFI680-Closed-Back-Stereo-Headphones-S-Logic-/320661561358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa8eb200e#ht_5357wt_905

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasone-HFI-580-Studio-Headphones-Black-/320658946398?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item4aa8c3395e#ht_2906wt_1139
Quote:
beerchug.gif

Go Ultrasones....

Mar 1, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #38 of 45
Those  2 sellers look fine.  I have purchased from Adorama before with no problems.  Don't know the other seller, though.  Ratings are decent.

Back in the day we never had to go through ebay for Ultrasones if you lived in the US.  NSL (Northern Sound & Light) was the place for Ultrasones.  But, when the ED 8s came out there was a big fallout between them and Ultrasone about the phones being priced too low for pre-order.  After that, no more Ultrasones in stock for NSL.

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #43 of 45

Haha, don't worry. Without EQ the 580 are not much bassier than the 780. It's their potential for bass impact that makes them basshead headphones. They are not so initially and the XB500s would have more bass initially too, but the maximum bass impact of both headphones are similar level with the XB500 going a bit stronger. Differences in detail are incomparable tho. The HFI 580 has much more clarity

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #44 of 45

Quote:I want a used one under 100$ D;<??
Quote:

Haha, don't worry. Without EQ the 580 are not much bassier than the 780. It's their potential for bass impact that makes them basshead headphones. They are not so initially and the XB500s would have more bass initially too, but the maximum bass impact of both headphones are similar level with the XB500 going a bit stronger. Differences in detail are incomparable tho. The HFI 580 has much more clarity

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #45 of 45

Quote:Do you guys think there is a shop in china I can go to that sells headphones in the GuangDong area ;P, visiting their for a trip.
Quote:

Quote:
They are but that's what you want. oomph oomph oomph oomph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back