UltraSone HIFI 680 VS HIFI 580?
Feb 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 45
Well my Budget is under 150$ and Ebay seems to sell them under that price, so is amazon. I listen to mainly J-Pop, K-Pop, Rap, Hip Hop, a little classical doesn't hurt, well basically most of everything but mainly the first 3. I am plugging it into my Motherboard Realtek HD Audio with
Specs
i7
GTX 460
6 GB

I just want to know which one is more worth the price, how it performs, and what are the similarities and differences besides the price and looks.

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 45
Well, if you're going to drive them from the mobo, I would recommend the 580s.  The 580s are 32ohm where the 680s are 75ohm and take a bit more juice to make them shine.  The 680s are balanced across the sound spectrum whereas the 580s have a more low end (bass) emphasis.  All Ultrasones sound better with an amp.  Does not have to be an expensive amp, but more power nevertheless.

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 45

Quote:So if I had an amp, the 680 would be better? I guess i'm heading that way with a 200$ PC Amp from Asus.
Well, if you're going to drive them from the mobo, I would recommend the 580s.  The 580s are 32ohm where the 680s are 75ohm and take a bit more juice to make them shine.  The 680s are balanced across the sound spectrum whereas the 580s have a more low end (bass) emphasis.  All Ultrasones sound better with an amp.  Does not have to be an expensive amp, but more power nevertheless.

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 45
Oh hey, I found someone who listens to Asian pop! :D

I was also eyeing the 580's since I plan use my headphones unamped. I've generally heard good reviews for these headphones except for that the comfort level isn't too good (though it depends on which review you look at).

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 45

Quote:I know right lol! ~_~ A bit rare to find that on these forums, whos your favorite artist,(in animes) or just normal for J-pop? I heard that you can adjust the headband so that it doesn't clam on your head that hard by Streching it out a bit, or letting it Clamp on your Fat Pillow. Kinda funny, it all depends on your head too or the pads. I'm not sure, but ebay seems to sell them for a pretty nice price rather than amazon, who knows, it might be a fake... Hows your sennheisers, are they worth it? Seems that Head-Fi is really damn slow at night.

Originally Posted by miceblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was also eyeing the 580's since I plan use my headphones unamped. I've generally heard good reviews for these headphones except for that the comfort level isn't too good (though it depends on which review you look at).

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 45

Quote:I know right lol! ~_~ A bit rare to find that on these forums, whos your favorite artist,(in animes) or just normal for J-pop? I heard that you can adjust the headband so that it doesn't clam on your head that hard by Streching it out a bit, or letting it Clamp on your Fat Pillow. Kinda funny, it all depends on your head too or the pads. I'm not sure, but ebay seems to sell them for a pretty nice price rather than amazon, who knows, it might be a fake...

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #10 of 45

Quote:

For J-Pop/J-Rock, I like The Pillows, High and Mighty Color, UverWorld, Orange Range, Aqua Timez, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, music from Miyazaki films, and music from Key.

The Sennheisers are pretty good, they have a LOT of bass IMO (less than V-Moda Vibes though), but sometimes I find that the mids/highs get a bit harsh and I have to turn down my volume to lessen the effect (not sure if this is normal...I don't think it is). When I use my Skullcandy Hesh headphones, I don't hear the same harshness.

Quote:
I'd recommend the HFI-780 (35Ohm 96 dB) ~ sounded great (albeit slightly loose) straight out of my Zune.

I've heard less about the 780's but from what I've read, I think the 780's have higher highs and less bass...maybe?

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #11 of 45
Quote:
I've heard less about the 780's but from what I've read, I think the 780's have higher highs and less bass...maybe?

Less bass?... not the 780s! In fact of the 780 and 680 you're looking at, those that have heard both say 680s are better for rock and 780s for electronica because of their strong bass.

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #12 of 45

Quote:
Less bass?... not the 780s! In fact of the 780 and 680 you're looking at, those that have heard both say 680s are better for rock and 780s for electronica because of their strong bass.

Hm, I've read mixed reviews of the bass level for the 580's and 780's. From what I've read in the forums so far, it seems like the 580's seem to have more bass impact but the 780's have more controlled/broader range of bass.

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #13 of 45

Quote:Hey, how about Comparing the Denons D1100/UltraSone 580's and lastly the BeyerDynamic 770 250 Ohms?
Hm, I've read mixed reviews of the bass level for the 580's and 780's. From what I've read in the forums so far, it seems like the 580's seem to have more bass impact but the 780's have more controlled/broader range of bass.

Quote:

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #14 of 45

Quote:Do you have to be a pro to identify Highs, Mids, and Lows e.t.c? I'm not sure, never understand when people say that, maybe it's just that I never learned those words ;P? 780's are said to be muddy, and the 750's are the good ones but pretty EXPENSIVE.

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #15 of 45
I have both HFI-780 and Sony XB500 and can tell you the quality of bass from the 780 would delight any bass-head, it's tight and has impact. It isn't at all what I would call muddy (The XB500s are but they're okay for DnB), they are quite resolving albeit slightly metallic sounding like any Ultrasone. In my opinion the 580s are low-fi, 780s mid-fi and 950s hi-fi. All Ultrasones are for bass lovers, we're not just talking fat muddy bass like XB500, Denon D2000 etc but bass with detail that doesn't interfere with the mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back