Ultrasone HFI-780; not a lot of bass impact
Jan 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

acegazda

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the Ultrasone HFI-780s that I got a couple weeks ago and now they have about 10-15 hours of listening on them. Maybe it's just that I've read too many threads about how much bass these phones have or idk what but it doesn't seem to me like them have a whole lot of bass impact/presence to them. Does anyone else feel this way? What could explain this?

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Ive got about 120 hours on them, mostly through burn-in. I think more bass came with time and it becomes a good bass. Not too much or too boomy. If you love bass I actually dont think these are the best, as some reviews claim. While there are some cans that do have more bass, many more cans have less. The quality of this bass is pretty good I would say though. Still not sure about these cans, they certainly are sibilant to my ears.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 5

HFI-780s are among the best bass I've heard in a headphone. Of course if you are comparing them to the flabby mid-bass of Monster Beats, Denons and Sony XBs then they will appear anemic, just allow your ears time to adjust. As far as being sibilant this could come down to your hearing, the older you get the more sssibilance you'll hear. Then again the lack of bass and sibilance could also come down to your source and amp, if you're driving them with crap expect...

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 5
You're reading the reviews on the wrong Ultrasone HFI IMO. The resolution on the bass is good and a bit punchy on the HFI 780. However, you might want to get the HFI 580s instead if you want alot more bass

There are plenty of reviews on the 580 around. I suggest you look into those.

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 5
If you only have 10-15 hours you are far from done burning in.  Many people in the long hfi 780 thread agreed that it will take 200 -250 hours of burn in to fully mature the sound.  I had a alo-hfi-780 and after couple hundred of hours, it sounded pretty good.  The bass is clearly there, tight and punchy.  The recable will also tighten up the treble if you are a cable believe that is :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back