Ultrasone HFI-2400: Should you take the red pill?
Sep 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #17 of 20
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but i was about to get the 2400's and one of the generes i will be listening to is industrial metal (ie rammstein), but some ppl on page 1 say they are not so good, not enough speed or somethin, so i'm confused. My only experience with grado was the sr60 which i found was bass light and too bright, i want some warm base leaning headphones,  so if these would not do what should i get?

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but i was about to get the 2400's and one of the generes i will be listening to is industrial metal (ie rammstein), but some ppl on page 1 say they are not so good, not enough speed or somethin, so i'm confused. My only experience with grado was the sr60 which i found was bass light and too bright, i want some warm base leaning headphones,  so if these would not do what should i get?

Ultrasone's in general are great for industrial and metal. The 2400 are no exception; take the plunge and enjoy them.

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #20 of 20
I bought them after reading this (and many other) threads. I have to agree with Metal Geek... they are outstanding for electronic music, but I will be finding something else for metal (thrash, death, grind, progressive, unblack, etc). I find the same problems as Metal Geek: drums and guitars are too far back in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back