Ultrasone Help
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sceavis

New Head-Fier
Hi I am new around these parts and I am new to hight quality headphones.I am looking for my first pair of high quality headphones.i tried the m50's last night I really liked them but I thought the bass was a little muddy.So I did some research around and saw some posts about ULTRASONE how they sound like the m50's but with tighter bass.But I am a little confused which model I should get.I am looking for a set that has strong tight base with vivid clear mids and highs for the vocal looking to spend around $150.00 for the pair used mostly with a IPOD.I see one model is the same as the dj series and the same in the highfi series.Can somebody explain that to me and give a suggestion.Thanks

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 7
No, Don't buy from them. They are the worst company to buy from. No support what so ever and I can't guarantee that you'll get the product. I'm sorry but that's from experience.

On the other hand, Please try Lookat.com they are the best I can offer and they have this model in stock

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 7
Ultrasone hfi 580 will be most like the m50's but have a bit more bass in my opinon

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
No, Don't buy from them. They are the worst company to buy from. No support what so ever and I can't guarantee that you'll get the product. I'm sorry but that's from experience.

Agreed.

Quote:
Yes. Also, the 580's are more balanced and detailed (on mids, highs).

Agreed for the most part.  The M50 have better overall timbre and naturalness except for female vocals due to the upper mid dip.  It also has better clarity and background blackness.  I would also give the M50 1-2 more weeks for the bass to tighten up and some more power.  Otherwise try the 580 though the highs are just a bit brighter and harsher.  The low end has very good detail and extension.  Great phone for electronic.  I liked them both very much but for different reasons.  If you want open phones the HD558 is good if you find it for about $120.

Apr 16, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 7
Ok i got my options down to dj1 pro for 150.00 or the M50 for 109.00 is there that is it worth paying the extra for the ultrasone?I have heard the M50 the ultrasone is not in my area so I can not listen. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back