ultrasone edition 9 vs edition 8
Sep 11, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #31 of 103
THe suspense is killing me as I read this thread. I am waiting for my Ed. 8s which should arrive next week. They look simply gorgeous in their build compared to the HD800 and PS1000 which I also waiting for. What's up with the ridiculous wait on high-end headphones anyway?! Seems like there are lots of really deranged heafiers out there.
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #35 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by illy2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice! Which cable do you have on them? the APS? I just wish that all headphone manufacturer's used removable cables like Sennheiser it would make for an awesome cable "rolling" experience. You have to give me your impressions on how they sound with and aftermarket cable I might just splurge and have the cable changed by Drew or Ken.

They will be with APureSound V2 balanced. They have now left customs and are in the hands of Danish post but they don't deliver parcels during weekends and I'm not at home Monday so won't get them until Tuesday, oh the suspense ....

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #36 of 103
The Bose Triports have TINY enclosures, yet they somehow avoid touching the ears completely! I sold my pair years ago, of course, but I still haven't found a circumaural headphone that does that. Except for the HD800. It's not like my ears stick out abnormally or anything...

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #38 of 103
Three prettiest headphones on the market
redface.gif
. Sometimes I contemplate the esw9 because it looks so nice and I'm thinking about selling my nonportable stuff and going all out portable.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #39 of 103
From what i audition. ED9 more suitable for pop. ED8 will be better for orchestra/Jazz

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #40 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Three prettiest headphones on the market
redface.gif
. Sometimes I contemplate the esw9 because it looks so nice and I'm thinking about selling my nonportable stuff and going all out portable.

They are ESW10's but essentially the same story looks wise.

Should have my Ed8's Tuesday and have managed to borrow a L3000 (my stable phone for near 4 years until I sold thme) and will be comparing the two after sufficient burn-in of the Ed8

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #41 of 103
I look forward to more impressions, I am one of those who enjoys the Ultrasone sound. Owned the PROline 2500 and still own the HFI-780 w/ a APS V3 re-cable. Cheers and keep the impressions coming. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #45 of 103
The big problem with the ESW10JPN is that it barely isolates. So, you'd better be in a silent room to fully enjoy them. What has always struck me about them is how the energetic and exciting mids and highs bring music to life. The bass is great, but it doesn't go all the way down, and it isn't the most interesting thing about their sound.

The ed8's make quite a good seal, though. The bass is much more present. The sub bass exists. I actually feel that the 8's have more of this "treble energy" that the ESW10's already do so well. It seems to me that the 8's have better extension and detail at both ends. The offset drivers that the S-Logic (Plus or whatever) uses means the presentation is a noticeably different. It seems more open... holographic. Because it is such a departure from other headphones, I could see some disliking it. The effect does seem more apparent than in my 9's.

Overall, though, I think it's pretty clear the ed8's are stomping all over the ESW10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back