Ultrasone Edition 8
Nov 19, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #46 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correction;

The availablity of the Edition 9 is also limited.

How limited?

The last ones have been produced.

When will the Edition 10 come for the serious home use?
popcorn.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #47 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, to me, this is a light-years ahead better/more attractive design than anything I've seen from Ultrasone so far. I think this model looks pretty darn good, FWIW.

Now, if only this one doesn't clamp onto your head with a death-grip of the alien face-hugger like previous models, then to me, this is major design triumph!

I have to agree with you there. My questions are:

(1) like you I worry about the comfort - will it be softer with less squeeze to be able to tolerate it for more than 1.5-2 hours like the Edition 9?

(2) the sound - will it still be so polarizing into "love it" or "hate it" categories?

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #49 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These headphones were sexy in the 50's

Monroe was sexy in the 50s, and that face is still an icon of beauty. Nothing stops this look from being the same :p.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #51 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes she "was"

Unlike human skin, design tends to remain of the same quality.

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #53 of 2,099
Looks futuristic and with exotic materials....
Well, at least the price (which is overpriced too) is better "justified" that the another overpriced sibling. Because of the use of 'improved' materials and 'technologies'....
But, even so. It's far from that i would like to spend (at least that it sounds MUCH better/improved/perfectionated|Perfected than the his other sibling; which i don't think...)....
I don't understand the use of ruthenium (it can be a toxic metal to the skin/body) in the cups, and how it can improved the sound....

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #55 of 2,099
I like Ultrasone but I agree. Could they not have really thought about the looks and not something that is a throwback to the 1950's that is trying to look futuristic?

Jan 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #56 of 2,099
This looks like a downgrade from the Edition 9 honestly..

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #57 of 2,099
I'm sure that they will be great headphones but IMO Ultrasone is making a BIG mistake by releasing a product with such a high price tag in 2009 ! ($1,499.00)

Nobody will want to spend that much money for a pair of headphones while you can get the ESW10 or the D5000 for $500. Edit: And also the D7000 for $599 !!!

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #58 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This looks like a downgrade from the Edition 9 honestly..

So true!
Sure don't look like a successor to the Edition 9. More like "just" a different 'phone in the same family..
Edition 10 anyone.
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #59 of 2,099
There is no real incentive to buy, when looking like they do, the price and they are not limited.

I am sorry because I am sure someone worked hard on these but they are UUUUgly. At least the 9's fold up though the ultra cheap headband still pisses me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back