Ultrasone Edition 8
Sep 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #1,173 of 2,099
No, it's definitely not. But that's what I had read. Still though - it was very scaled down. The other versions of the Edition8 fare better I believe. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #1,175 of 2,099
Still can't believe that they didn't include a bag with the Ed8 LE!
blink.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #1,177 of 2,099
It's a Hippo carrying case meant for something else. I think Jude or Drew took that photo (can't remember).

Mine are still stuck at customs. :frowning2:
JB

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #1,178 of 2,099
Have you guys noticed that a much better seal is obtained after your body heat warms up the leather and the earcups sink and settle into your skin further? I have played around with placement, and it's near impossible for me to get a good sounding seal with cold Edition 8's. 

Anyone else have seal issues?

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #1,179 of 2,099

Quote:
Have you guys noticed that a much better seal is obtained after your body heat warms up the leather and the earcups sink and settle into your skin further? I have played around with placement, and it's near impossible for me to get a good sounding seal with cold Edition 8's. 

not me that goat skin or whatever it is seems to stick to me.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #1,180 of 2,099
hmmm...    It's the lower end of the cup that doesn't like to stick tight for me at first. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #1,181 of 2,099

Yes, I'm having seal issues! It's driving me nuts! Sometimes they sound ohhh sooo good, other times there's not enough bass! I've never thought about the leather warming up, that might explain it actually! I listen to them in the office, so I take them off pretty often. Need to investigate this more.

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #1,182 of 2,099
I am getting good seal despite my ear snibs doesn´t quite fit. This leather is more then just for show it appears :)

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #1,183 of 2,099
It drives me nuts too. Let's investigate this and see if we can come up with some answers.

Something to add - when I lie down, the seal is best, as the phones are supported by my pillow. Sitting up, I have to press on the cups to get that good seal with the solid bass. When the cups warm up, it get's to be about 90% there. The bottoms of the cups like to flare outward ever so slightly - that's where I lose the seal. So it seems I only have problems when the weight of the headphone is supported by the headband. Also note: if I make the headband a little too too large than what I'm used too, so the earcups clamp in place to stay on my head and are not supported much by the headband, I also get a better seal. I ride a thin line of the headphones sitting too low, and trying to maximize earcup clamp force with minimal headband support.

It's most disappointing. I don't want to have to lie down to get maximum enjoyment from a portable can. Even so, they sound so great I could still never get rid of them 
atsmile.gif

Quote:
Yes, I'm having seal issues! It's driving me nuts! Sometimes they sound ohhh sooo good, other times there's not enough bass! I've never thought about the leather warming up, that might explain it actually! I listen to them in the office, so I take them off pretty often. Need to investigate this more.

Oct 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #1,185 of 2,099

Users who are viewing this thread

Back