Ultrasone Edition 8
May 15, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #346 of 2,099
I went ahead and took the offered Edition 9 instead of a refund from Northern Light and Sound. The people at NL&S are great people to work with; to bad Ultrasone pulled the rug from under them. I know the UE9 is not the new thing but for the price it was very hard for me not to take since I already know what they can do for me.

May 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #347 of 2,099
Serious disappointing news about the price. They were tempting for sure, but maybe not ~$1500 tempting. I am surprised to see they will be roughly the same price in Japan, the Ed. 9s were significantly more expensive.

Not sure if this got posted, but here is a YouTube link to some video footage from the recent headphones show in Tokyo which features the Edition 8s at the beginning. Look bigger than I thought but very, very nice. I cannot wait to try them in person. I wish I had been able to go, but I decided that the cost of the trip would have been better spend on actually buying headphones. Sasaki also posted a brief impression on his blog and another photo.

Video link.

May 18, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #349 of 2,099
So what ever happened to that neoprene zipper case we saw at the beginning?

I'm now only seeing the leather pouch in mopps's pictures... Did they decide to cut the nifty case at the last minute, too?

What Moon Audio has pictured:

What mopps has pictured:

it5mshb2.jpg

May 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #351 of 2,099
I have one of those cases with my Pro 900, I'd trade it for that thick leather pouch anyday
tongue.gif
. Very unfortunate NS&L broke ties, but maybe good since now I won't be tempted to buy.

May 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #352 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one of those cases with my Pro 900, I'd trade it for that thick leather pouch anyday
tongue.gif

Why do you say that? Doesn't your case provide more protection than you would presume a simple leather pouch would?

I would love to just leave this scene with the bad taste in my mouth, but I still have a feeling that this could be my next headphone. I can't really blame Ultrasone for trying to price fix... (everyone seems to be doing it). It was simply their timing that caused so much aggravation.

May 18, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #353 of 2,099
I'm the one who took that picture at CES (the first picture), but I'm not sure if that case had any particular product paired with it. I think I saw that case there, and then put the headphones on top of it for the photo. It may or may not be associated with the Edition 8--I'm simply not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what ever happened to that neoprene zipper case we saw at the beginning?

I'm now only seeing the leather pouch in mopps's pictures... Did they decide to cut the nifty case at the last minute, too?

What Moon Audio has pictured:

What mopps has pictured:

it5mshb2.jpg

May 18, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #354 of 2,099
then it´s probably the pro 900 casing
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #355 of 2,099
The case is really too big for practical daily use, leather bag is riskier but at least you can fit it inside a backpack and not take up ~30% of the total space. I would like the case that came with the Pro 900 if it was slimmer, it could be literally half the height if it didnt have space for the extra pair of pads underneath. I really like the oval hardcase of the new Ultrasone Zino portable headphones, they should make a hardcase for the Edition 8 that is shaped like this then it would be both good travel protection and portable friendly.

thumb9.jpg

May 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #356 of 2,099
Is it telling that we don't have any impressions from the production model yet? Or am I just thinking to much in the case? Or is everyone waiting for the first 500 hours of burn-in to give us their impressions.

May 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #357 of 2,099
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm the one who took that picture at CES (the first picture), but I'm not sure if that case had any particular product paired with it. I think I saw that case there, and then put the headphones on top of it for the photo. It may or may not be associated with the Edition 8--I'm simply not sure.

The case in the photo was there for the PRO 900 that was being showcased. The Edition 8 comes with the leather carrying-bag.

Because I don't have any definite delvery dates, I'm not going to cause any speculation as to when the Edition 8's will be delivered. As soon as I have more definite info, I'll post it here on Head-Fi first.

May 19, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #358 of 2,099
Mopps get in here!

May 22, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #359 of 2,099
humm so does Edition 8 still can use that case right?

May 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #360 of 2,099
No chance even if the Editino 8 can also flip the earcups flat, some surgery is necessary in which case you might as well get another box. It'll fit the Edition 7/9 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back