Ultrasone 2400 vs Beyer DT990
Apr 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MisterK

New Head-Fier
I narrowed down my choices to these 2 headphones for all use purposes.  I will use them for gaming (e.g. Diablo 3 and maybe some FPS), music, and movies.  I am not picky with music and listen to classical, country, rock, hip hop etc.  Bass and vocals are pretty important to me. 

It was hard to find an open headphone (for the soundstage) that cost around $250 that matched my criteria.  Can anyone offer any insight on the comparisons for the ultrasone 2400 and dt990?

I will buy an amp that is sufficient for the headphones of course. 

Thanks!

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I narrowed down my choices to these 2 headphones for all use purposes.  I will use them for gaming (e.g. Diablo 3 and maybe some FPS), music, and movies.  I am not picky with music and listen to classical, country, rock, hip hop etc.  Bass and vocals are pretty important to me. 

It was hard to find an open headphone (for the soundstage) that cost around $250 that matched my criteria.  Can anyone offer any insight on the comparisons for the ultrasone 2400 and dt990?

I will buy an amp that is sufficient for the headphones of course. 

Thanks!

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 5
The dt990 were very good for me. Nice open hp with good bass which is a nice trick. There is a sparkle to the treble that some find a little too bright. I was able to roll off the brightness with a change to the opamp and they sounded fantastic!!

Apr 17, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
The dt990 were very good for me. Nice open hp with good bass which is a nice trick. There is a sparkle to the treble that some find a little too bright. I was able to roll off the brightness with a change to the opamp and they sounded fantastic!!

I see that you own the denon d2k too.  How do they compare to the dt990 for music?  I see reviews saying that the d2k has a big soundstage for closed headphones so that would be good enough for gaming in my circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back