Ultimate Ears UE4Pro or JH Audio JH5Pro
Aug 4, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #61 of 116
^did you get custom artwork? how much extra is it?!?!?!

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #62 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^did you get custom artwork? how much extra is it?!?!?!

Artwork is $50 extra. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it for my pair.

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #64 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Artwork is $50 extra. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it for my pair.

yeah dude i am thinking it isn't worth it... i am kinda low on funds anyways $400 + $50 impressions is enough to spend... maybe if artwork was $25... but I think i'm gonna pass. Plus just went through the order form and $20 for shipping :/ so yeah def no custom artwork, translucent colors are cool enough
smily_headphones1.gif
ha

man these things are sounding soo expensive. i am on the fence right now..... ah, someone push me over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregokeys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....well, talked to Brittany yesterday and it's not going to be this week for my JH5Pros....bummer. There were 28 in front of me. She said they do about 10 a day, so I'm still a couple of days away. She said it would more than likely be next Tuesday or Wednesday before I get to hear them. I'll keep you posted. The total time if it's next wednesday, from the day I shipped them out to getting them back (if it's next Wednesday) would be 3 full weeks....obviously, not all of that is manufacture time - I' say probably 2 1/2 in manufacturing them.

....so I'll post next week on how it turns out...

Let us know immediately when you get them. did you get custom artwork?

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #65 of 116
so i'm ordering the JH-5's!!!

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #66 of 116
today I finally got my chance to demo the JH5pro and a few others...
ksc75smile.gif

my thoughts...

JH5pro - really good, better than my um3x. soundstage, wide instrument placement but something is lacking..

JH10X3pro - finally. its the details, clarity. kind of bright though but very nice. i say is 2 times better than my um3x. soundstage is wider than 5pro, transparent, instrument placement is better. treble energy is better. fast, kind of airy maybe.

JH11pro - same as 10X3pro but music experience is more engaging. pretty fast. bass is excellent and more powerful than 10X3pro. my whole body needs to move with the music!

JH13pro - very neutral, detail retrieval is really unrivaled. even er4p. every sound is floating in air. I felt like floating in the music. I say is like a 160-170% 10X3pro. one thing is don't like about 13pro is that it made my 320kbps mp3 sounded crappy. apple lossless sounded better than usual though, maybe its psycho.

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #67 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ksc75smile.gif

my thoughts...

JH5pro - really good, better than my um3x. soundstage, wide instrument placement but something is lacking..

JH10X3pro - finally. its the details, clarity. kind of bright though but very nice. i say is 2 times better than my um3x. soundstage is wider than 5pro, transparent, instrument placement is better. treble energy is better. fast, kind of airy maybe.

JH11pro - same as 10X3pro but music experience is more engaging. pretty fast. bass is excellent and more powerful than 10X3pro. my whole body needs to move with the music!

JH13pro - very neutral, detail retrieval is really unrivaled. even er4p. every sound is floating in air. I felt like floating in the music. I say is like a 160-170% 10X3pro. one thing is don't like about 13pro is that it made my 320kbps mp3 sounded crappy. apple lossless sounded better than usual though, maybe its psycho.

uh oh.. something lacking? :?

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #68 of 116
Quote:

uh oh.. something lacking? :?

details,clarity...

but just pure casual listening, JH5pro is very good already.
atsmile.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #69 of 116
Quote:

details,clarity...

but just pure casual listening, JH5pro is very good already.
atsmile.gif

should i turn back ? lol.

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #70 of 116
Quote:

ksc75smile.gif

my thoughts...

Considering you demoed so many, i'm sure they were universals and the universal versions aren't the same as the customs...not just fit wise but Jerry said that they are a bit off of what the custom actually sounds like, and there's a high freq "spike" in the UNI JH13 which isn't present in the CS JH13

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #71 of 116
charlie can you compare the JH5's to the Triple Fi's?

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #72 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering you demoed so many, i'm sure they were universals and the universal versions aren't the same as the customs...not just fit wise but Jerry said that they are a bit off of what the custom actually sounds like, and there's a high freq "spike" in the UNI JH13 which isn't present in the CS JH13

yes i understand, i managed to try someone else full custom monitor before (from UM, Aero (triple driver). agreed, a full custom is significantly different from a uni demo. but i just wanted to get a rough idea how they sound. i pressed the demo against my ears while listening from just a itouch 1g so auditioning would not be best. but JH13pro produces some very unique sounds which i never heard before from others, interesting. I was wondering whether that is the real sound. very scary.

the 10x3pro,11pro, and 13pro were all fast. i am impressed. 13pro sounded abit different though, the music doesn't feel the same. maybe i will try to demo again to see.
L3000.gif

PS: taken to account, i am not a critical listener, just a casual one.

Quote:

charlie can you compare the JH5's to the Triple Fi's?

I cannot say much about the 2. i have not heard the triple fi for a long time. but i believe is you should not be disappointed by a JH5pro from a triple fi. a demo unit is good enough to make universals shy babies. only problem that JH5pro may have is not enough mid details, bass and highs accuracy, but do not worry it is not that far from a 10X3pro (please note that they are demos
biggrin.gif
). they are more forgiving on your source. it is safe to say JH5pro does surpass universals. enjoy your JH5pro!

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #73 of 116
Quote:

I cannot say much about the 2. i have not heard the triple fi for a long time. but i believe is you should not be disappointed by a JH5pro from a triple fi. a demo unit is good enough to make universals shy babies. only problem that JH5pro may have is not enough mid details, bass and highs accuracy, but do not worry it is not that far from a 10X3pro (please note that they are demos
biggrin.gif
). they are more forgiving on your source. it is safe to say JH5pro does surpass universals. enjoy your JH5pro!

yeah i am worried about not having enough mid details because the triple fi's were lacking the mids... uhh....

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #74 of 116
Quote:

yeah i am worried about not having enough mid details because the triple fi's were lacking the mids... uhh....

I think this mids lacking is different from triples fi's
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #75 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this mids lacking is different from triples fi's
smily_headphones1.gif

aight. well i'm gonna give the JH5's a try....... no turning back now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back