Ultimate Ears UE4Pro or JH Audio JH5Pro
Aug 26, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #106 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's custom out there that sounds the most like the IE8 would be the Futuresonics Ear Monitor. But that's $898 USD. If you were to go for affordable customs, i would say go for the JH5PRO. They were meant to be 699.99, but then Jerry changed the price to 399. So it costs the same as the UE4. Don't go for Livewires or Fidelity as they seem to have quality issues at the moment.

TF10 sounds nothing like the Ie8, so don't get that. FX500 may not have the highs and mids of the IE8, but the lows are decent, not as great as the IE8 but decent.

I would say, JH5 =)

Great advice on all counts. Fidelity Customs tried to burn me (the TN office of Livewire) so now I'm looking a the JH5 and the Futuresonics.

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #107 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great advice on all counts. Fidelity Customs tried to burn me (the TN office of Livewire) so now I'm looking a the JH5 and the Futuresonics.

I'm not a big fan, or that happy with Livewires or Fidelity anymore after the name change...product quality has gone done the drain, and the Customer service has also gone down the drain for the CA office.

The Futuresonics are in quite a different league compared to the JH5 price wise, The EM from Futuresonics goes to the 10 and 10X3 level.... trying to get our hands on a pair for review after we have published some solid Custom reviews

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #108 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a big fan, or that happy with Livewires or Fidelity anymore after the name change...product quality has gone done the drain, and the Customer service has also gone down the drain for the CA office.

The Futuresonics are in quite a different league compared to the JH5 price wise, The EM from Futuresonics goes to the 10 and 10X3 level.... trying to get our hands on a pair for review after we have published some solid Custom reviews

Looking forward to that review. I'm a fan of the IE8 (what I currently use) so I'm partial to dynamic drivers. I hear so much good stuff about JH Audio and spoke with Jerry a few weeks ago who recommended the JH5 to me based on my music preferences. Price is not an object for me either and Jerry still recommended the JH5. Good guy.

Aug 26, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #109 of 116
Quote:

Looking forward to that review. I'm a fan of the IE8 (what I currently use) so I'm partial to dynamic drivers. I hear so much good stuff about JH Audio and spoke with Jerry a few weeks ago who recommended the JH5 to me based on my music preferences. Price is not an object for me either and Jerry still recommended the JH5. Good guy.

Wow, that certainly is an interesting piece of information. Pretty cool.

Aug 26, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #110 of 116
Quote:

Wow. I cannot believe that he recommended you the JH5. Care to share your musical preferences as to why he would recommend you the 5 instead of the other higher models?

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #111 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by St_n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I cannot believe that he recommended you the JH5. Care to share your musical preferences as to why he would recommend you the 5 instead of the other higher models?

I prefer bass impact and warmth over neutrality. I'm not a musician and use my IEMs on tons of flights, running and lifting. I listen out of my laptop or a Sansa clip. I will never use an external amp. I listen to pop, hip-hop, house, etc. with a little classical and zero jazz or folk.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #112 of 116
Quote:

I prefer bass impact and warmth over neutrality. I'm not a musician and use my IEMs on tons of flights, running and lifting. I listen out of my laptop or a Sansa clip. I will never use an external amp. I listen to pop, hip-hop, house, etc. with a little classical and zero jazz or folk.

i think JH10 and 11 also share similar traits to JH5.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #113 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe the JH7 is a more "dynamic" sounding custom compared to the JH10, just like how UE is. So for Lows and warmth, i would say JH5, JH7, and the JH11. JH10 is a bit brighter, 10X3 and 13 are the brightest of the bunch.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #114 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From other reports, I agree that the JH11 and JH5 should be similar. Those are the two that I need to decide between now. I'm still a little unsure about getting a balanced armature custom though. I've owned some Etymotics and the SE530 and didn't like the bass on any of them. I really hated how forward the mids were on the SE530 with massively rolled off bass (and highs).

Is the JH7 more "dynamic sounding" compared to the JH5 and JH11, MaoDi? Pure bass impact/punch/volume?

Nov 12, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #116 of 116
Now that there is only the much more expensive JH3X, how does this comparison stack up?

Bounce me some ideas for a entry level CIEM that doesn't sound too incomplete/makes you feel wanting another upgrade in a year? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back